Surgical Sales Manager
Cynosure is seeking a Surgical Sales Manager (SSM) to achieve annual sales objectives through selling and supporting Cynosure’s advanced surgical and energy-based products. This role will provide procedural and product expertise to targeted leads and customers through extensive field travel, case support, educational seminars and Cynosure programs within the SSMs territory. This person is expected to demonstrate high performance practices and competencies as they meet and exceed the objectives for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- This person is expected to demonstrate high performance practices and competencies as they meet and exceed the objectives for this role.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- 75 % travel is required
Strategic Role Responsibilities
- Assists surgeons on patient selection and during cases to develop relationship and upsell usage of surgical products
- Represent Cynosure at tradeshows, association meetings and weekend programs to promote products and meet with/close current and potential customers
- Work closely with Capital, Marketing, Sales Support and Clinical Teams to find and develop new sales opportunities across the full breadth of the Surgical and non-surgical portfolio
- Manage and attend at least one revenue generating event for customers on a weekly basis to promote Cynosure’s surgical and aesthetic products
- Exceed sales target on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Exceed minimum metric expectation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, including but not limited to in person and phone cold calling and prospecting as well as closing new accounts and upselling/accelerating usage from current accounts
- Provide quarterly strategic sales planning, including “Swarming” the territory and QBRs with customers and Regional Sales Director
- Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion and to the appropriate level of detail.
- Communicates customer feedback on new products and/or modifications to existing products or applications to internal stakeholders including R&D, Operations and Marketing.
- Up to 75% travel - must be able to travel on a weekly basis as needed and by various modes of transportation (air, ferries, car, etc.)
Operational Role Responsibilities
- Actively pursues leads to achieve sales targets in the surgical market.
People & Leadership Responsibilities
- Collaborates and coordinates with Cynosure field sales team, clinical team and customer success team on customer, patient and surgical support required and sales growth objectives.
- Implements market development plans/strategies and KOL relationships.
- Works closely with Marketing in developing new business opportunities through programs and product introduction to protect and grow our business.
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Demonstrates strategic and competitive mindset in identifying, cultivating, and strengthening customer relationships.
- Demonstrate the ability to take a complicated process and simplify it to drive sales
- Exhibit strong creative, problem-solving and time management skills
- Must be able to influence and build effective relationships with team members in other functional areas
- Must possess a high sense of urgency and strong work ethic
- Track record of success. OR/ASC/Surgical experience a plus
- Must have track record and personal passion for enabling account success post sale
- Excels in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and competitive environment
- Passionate, self-starter who drives high performance and consistently deliver on commitments
- Drive to Fill the Funnel & Close Deals
- High energy & resilience to cold call and take ‘no’ for an answer
- Strong network in the Facial Plastic market
- Deep satisfaction in seeing accounts grow over time
- Thrives in the OR
- Skilled at enabling Doctor – Patient communication
☐Associate’s degree required
☒Bachelor’s degree required
☐Master’s degree required
☐Education and experience combination:
☐Associate’s degree is equivalent to 18 months of experience
☒Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to three (3) years of experience
☐Master’s degree is equivalent to four (4) years of experience
Specific Related Experience: 3 years of sales experience within the medical device industry with 1-2 years of Operating Room and/or ASC experience, OR 5 years of outside sales experience
☐0 to 2 years relevant experience
☒2 to 5 years relevant experience
☐5 to 8 years relevant experience
☐8+ years relevant experience
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☒Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- ☒Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☒Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- ☒Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- ☒Potential Exposure to blood.
- ☐Other (please specify)
- Famille d'emplois Sales
- Fonction professionnelle Field Sales
- Type de paie Salaire
- Déplacement requis Oui
- Études requises Baccalauréat
- Denver, Colorado, États-Unis
- Phoenix, Arizona, États-Unis
- Scottsdale, Arizona, États-Unis