RPM, a wholly owned subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology, is a solid, quality, and fast-growing diversified transportation company with 9 locations and looking to expand. We have provided customers with quality service for over 36 years and continue to do so today.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Associate for our terminal in Fullerton, CA. Morning and Night shifts available.
The Warehouse Associate’s primary responsibility is to efficiently sort, handle, and load freight into and unload it from over the road equipment, containers, city trailers, and/or straight trucks. This position routinely uses pallet jacks and forklifts in the loading and unloading of freight including shipments of Hazardous Materials freight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, to move, load, arrange, rearrange, and unload freight.
- Secure or re-secure cargo by blocking, bracing, and other methods.
- Understand and carry out instructions given orally or in writing, including those on manifests and other shipping documents.
- Use safe lifting techniques to load and unload cargo, including heavy, bulky and or cumbersome freight.
- Perform work required in a timely manner and maintain adequate production in order to meet service schedules and customer commitments.
- Handle customers’ freight safely and efficiently and communicating tactfully and diplomatically with those individuals with who the employee will be in contact as a company representative.
- Read, write, and comprehend English.
- Possess math skills.
- Able to complete tasks efficiently and timely.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain good attendance.
- Must have a safe work record.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- A minimum of 6 months of related experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Hazardous Material – Company Certified
- Fork Lift – Company Certified
The job physical demands do (and/or) can include constant and repetitive actions involving:
- Standing, Sitting, Stooping, Walking, Lifting, and Reaching
- Lifting overhead 5-60 pounds during loading and unloading
- Carrying freight 5-50 pounds, 5-50 feet
- Pushing and/or pulling weights on pallet jacks to capacity of pallet jack up to and in excess 2500 pounds.
- Climbing on and off forklifts.
- Grupo de puestos Operations
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- % de desplazamiento 0
- % de trabajo a distancia 0
- Nivel de formación requerido Escuela secundaria
- Fullerton, California, EE. UU.