RPM, a wholly owned subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology, is a solid, quality, and fast-growing diversified transportation company with 9 locations and looking to expand. We have provided customers with quality service for over 36 years and continue to do so today.
We’re looking for a Forklift Mechanic to join our team!
The Forklift Mechanic, under the direction of the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, is primarily responsible for the efficient, accurate, safe, timely, and professional maintenance and/or repairs on forklifts. This role also assists with maintenance and/or repairs on other equipment including trucks, trailers, and the facility, as needed. The Mechanic is also responsible for keeping the Company in compliance with DOT, CHP, OSHA, other federal/state agencies, and to maintain safe operations and eliminate liabilities and/or fines to the best of his/her ability and knowledge.
Work Schedule is Monday-Friday from 7:00 am- 3:30 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs on all forklift company equipment.
- Provides maintenance and repairs support on other company equipment such as trucks, trailers, etc. as needed.
- Must complete paperwork, work orders accurately, and concisely, including date, equipment or unit number, labor performed, labor time and listing all parts used by part number and description.
- May be asked to assist CHP officers when on site BIT inspections are performed.
- Must interact and communicate with the Safety Department on various issues as instructed.
- Must use Company supplied and owned cellular telephone and/or two-way radio.
- Must comply with all safety rules as required by OSHA, DOT, CHP, federal and state agencies.
- Must use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as necessary, such as safety glasses, welding helmet, gloves, dust mask, etc.
- Must adhere to all Company policies and procedures at all times.
- Must represent the Company in a professional manner, behaving in a responsible and respectful way to others at all times.
- Performs building maintenance repairs as needed.
- Works on special projects as instructed.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 2-years recent experience as a Forklift Mechanic.
- Must have basic mechanical tools.
- Must have solid knowledge on the safe handling and operation of tractors, trailers, containers, pallet jacks, lift gates, forklifts, power tools, chemicals, etc.
- Must have excellent, respectful behavior to represent our Company in a professional manner. This includes wearing clean and pressed uniforms that are in good shape when provided by the Company.
- Grupo de puestos Operations
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Se requiere desplazamiento No
- % de trabajo a distancia 0
- Fullerton, California, EE. UU.