This position is responsible for developing and maintaining transportation and distribution procedures and processes to maximize delivery efficiency. This position coordinates and processes the traffic and flow of materials and information from the Lower 48 to Alaska.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating transportation providers and carriers to ensure best value and prompt movement of shipments;
- Developing and fostering processes that make the supply chain more efficient and organized;
- Responding to custom inquires and providing needed information.
- Provide rate quotes for established or new customers;
- Ensure profit enhancement and expense reduction, creating balance effectively with customer and vendor satisfaction;
- Take customer orders for shipping;
- Manage shipments through the Truckmate ERP system;
- Tracking and tracing of shipments from origin to destination;
- Arranging truckload and LTL carriers for inbound, outbound and 3rd party shipments;
- Limited vendor/carrier price negotiation;
- Monitor freight rates and accessorial charges to ensure cost-effectiveness;
- Coordinating special shipping arrangements as necessary;
- Tracking shipping errors and correcting as needed;
- Reconciles common carrier invoice and approvals;
- Reviewing purchase orders, shipping documents and communication to ensure accuracy
- Customer invoice approval for generation;
- Ensuring that the quality of all services provided meet the required standards;
- Contribute to positive, safe work environment;
- Additional duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for supervising no one.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-onone and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.