CDL - A Driver
Pearl City, Hawái 96782, EE. UU. Sol. nº 1599
viernes, 5 de agosto de 2022
RPM, a wholly owned subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology, is a solid, quality and fast growing diversified transportation company with 9 locations and looking to expand. We have provided customers with quality service for over 36 years and continue to do so today. We are currently seeking an Class A Driver for our terminal located in Pearl City.
Perform local pick up and deliveries of freight
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles;
• Perform daily pre-trip, post-trip and safety inspections on equipment;
• Organized and capable of managing time to meet deadlines;
• Communicate with customers to determine pick up or delivery needs;
• Perform freight handling using motorized and manual equipment, including forklift, pallet jack and hand truck;
• Arrange freight to maximize trailer capacity, distribute weight and secure the contents with appropriate materials;
• Verify documentation matches freight description;
• Comply with all hazardous material regulations and procedures;
• Adhere to dispatch instructions, route sequencing and communicate with dispatch as required. Must have the ability to use a two way radio;
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations;
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training;
• Report issues to dispatch immediately.
• Manage, collect and return cash and checks to base terminal;
• Demonstrate internal and external customer service;
• Solicit additional business provide leads to sales for potential new opportunities;
• The ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Perform other duties as required.
This position is not responsible for supervising anyone.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, Class A driver’s license and at least two-years driving experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of staff, customers, peers and management.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must possess a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with hazardous materials endorsement. A doubles endorsement is preferred;
• Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle record (MVR) based on hiring standards;
• Must meet all department of transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations;
• Forklift Certification preferred;
• Must be able to pass a DOT physical and successfully pass a road test at all times.
- Grupo de puestos Operations
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- % de trabajo a distancia 0
- Nivel de formación requerido Escuela secundaria
- Pearl City, Hawái 96782, EE. UU.