The Mechanic 1 will maintain proper working order of all NexTier equipment while working toward advancement in the progression plan and make decisions regarding the servicing of NexTier equipment.
- Monitor operation of equipment during pumping activities and make repairs as needed.
- Ensure continual compliance with all workplace safety, environmental, national safety code, NexTier, as well as client policies and regulations.
- Demonstrate proper driving technique in applicable DOT vehicles.
- Obtain any certifications and licenses required.
- Learn basic auxiliary equipment involved in maintenance operations.
- Continued record of focus on service, quality, and safety.
- Read diagrams/schematics for work procedures.
- Operate a hoist and lift device to position machinery in a safe manner.
- Perform routine maintenance, as well as non-routine repairs, to all the Company's assets.
- Lubricate, service, diagnose, repair, assemble, and maintain vehicles and perform other routine maintenance work.
- Keep abreast of changes to industry standards.
- Work is safety inspected and checked upon completion.
- Verify that all equipment is DOT compliant upon completion of all repairs.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable DOT regulations.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, HSE standards and Department guidelines.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that one can understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics to perform component troubleshooting.
- Ability to understand and apply basic diagnostic principles.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manuals, operations instructions and policies/procedures and communicate this information effectively.
- Ability to write reports and simple correspondence and effectively communicate/present information to groups of coworkers, customers, or members of the management team.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments.
Minimum Required Education
- H.S. Diploma - Required, or
- G.E.D. - Required, or
- Applicable Experience
Minimum Required Work Experience
- 2-3 years - Required
- Job Family Maintenance
- Job Function Mechanical
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pleasanton, TX 78064, USA