Director, Business Systems
We're on a mission to help, support educators and learners all over the world! Our tools allow higher ed institutions to gather and connect powerful data so that educational milestones can be maximized. Through our educational intelligence system, Watermark serves over 1,700+ institutions having engaged over 3 million learners for excellent outcomes while also helping to elevate faculty success and so much more.
We're proud to be part of an organization working together toward a mission larger than each of us individually. Diversity has been the main thrust of our success, with eight higher ed tech companies coming together to create one innovative offering. Our purpose and principles have helped us win EdTech's Overall Higher EdTech Solution of the Year, and we have been featured in Inc. as one of the fastest-growing TX companies in 2021. We're just getting started and can't wait to share why we love what we do!
About the Role
The Director, Business Systems will play a key role by overseeing the management of business systems. The Director, Business Systems’ primary focus will be ensuring that all business systems are optimized to support the overall company strategy. Successful candidates will have a passion for building scalable and elegant processes that create accurate and reliable data with enhanced automation. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building and maintaining integrations and data structures.
The Director, Business Systems position reports to the VP, Controller and Business Operations and Intelligence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all business systems are properly integrated and are optimized to support overall company strategy
- Oversee and assist in the administration of all business systems including Salesforce, Sage Intacct, Gainsight, Marketo, Clari, Outreach, Gong, Zendesk, and Qualified
- Work closely with customer-facing teams to ensure sales objectives are supported in a timely manner
- Create project plans and manage highly visible projects to a timeline
- Advise procurement conversations regarding overall business systems strategy
- Prioritize system enhancement requests and manage monthly release cadence
- Provide guidance and support to team of business system analysts and users of business systems
- Work with information security team to ensure business systems meet security requirements
- Work with Business Intelligence team to ensure systems are providing accurate and reliable data
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- 5+ years of experience in a Salesforce Administrator function with CPQ plus experience
- 2+ years of general business intelligence experience preferred
- Gainsight administration experience preferred
- Sales Operations experience in a SaaS business preferred
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with prior experience collaborating across multiple departments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
Why work with Us:
Great pay, great benefits (flexible PTO, 401K matching, Wellness Fridays)
Remote global tech company moving the needle toward excellence in higher education
Thrive in a culture that promotes bringing your whole self to work and emphasizes healthy work boundaries and upward mobility
Have fun connecting cross-globally via Slack with opportunities to intro families, pets, weekend fun and more
Learn together and grow individually through frequent DEI learning, monthly water coolers and more
Work alongside transparent leaders with an open and consistent feedback approach
At Watermark we are continually strengthening the rich diversity in our workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We work together to provide an inclusive hiring experience where all qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation such as an ASL interpreter or different interview format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request in advance of your interview.
- Pay Type Salary