At VertexOne, helping utilities provide the best customer service experience is what we do. VertexOne is the recognized leader in SaaS platforms for utilities across North America. Through a wide range of innovative services and solutions, VertexOne helps utilities deliver a compelling customer experience; reducing the cost to serve customers, increasing operational efficiency, improving customer satisfaction, and driving utility operations forward. It’s been in the DNA of our people since we started supporting utilities’ customer experience needs over 20 years ago. And that commitment continues to this day.
Our team members are our greatest assets, so we pride ourselves on being ‘Employee First’. As such, we listen to what our employees have to say and find ways to incorporate their ideas into the company. Whether it’s technology, career development opportunities, or fun events, we find new ways to keep our employees engaged and incentivized to grow within the company. Our employees' well-being—both physical and mental—is a top priority at VertexOne. That's why we foster a 100% remote and flexible environment and encourage work-life balance.
VertexOne is proudly Certified as a Great Place to Work®. Great Place to Work® is the global authority on workplace culture, employee experience, and behaviors proven to deliver market-leading revenue, employee retention and increased innovation. VertexOne is dedicated to prioritizing the employee experience and creating an exceptional company culture.
Overview of Role/Job Purpose:
We are looking for an enthusiastic web developer to join our experienced software design & implementation team. You will report directly to the development manager and assist with all functions of software programming. Your primary focus will be developing and implementing secure web applications and web services for Customer Information Systems in the utility industry. The position requires a good understanding of client/server, multi-tiered, and service-oriented architectures, understanding of the underlying business processes of a CIS, and extensive experience building Microsoft C# and ASP.NET based applications that access MySQL and Oracle databases.
- 5 years of experience in and proven track record building solutions based on Microsoft C#, ASP.NET, and .NET Framework
- 5 years of extensive development with MySQL, MSSQL or similar databases
- Strong understanding of and experience designing with client/server and multi-tier architectures
- Strong understanding and experience with advanced development concepts such as performance tuning in SQL and multi-tier web environments
- Experience developing UI and graphical components for various client layers
- Full life cycle experience on enterprise or commercial software projects
- Experience leveraging open-source components and technologies
- Broad web technology experience including building web applications and integrations using REST web services
- Understanding of application business processes and how they can be improved through application of technology
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant experience in related field
Nice to Have
- Working experience in CI/CD environments using Git, Bitbucket, GitLab, Azure Repos etc.
- Experience deploying web applications on Microsoft Internet Information Server, Azure, or related technologies
- Strong problem-solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Capacity for increased learning Ability to comprehend & follow established procedures
- Ability to make decisions using critical reasoning
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills (written, reading comprehension, listening, verbal) in English
- Ability to work independently without high degree of supervision
- Ability to work as a team player and maintain effective working relationships
- Possess effective conflict management skills
- Exceptional customer service approach working with internal and external customers
How we work
- Team is working 100% remotely and are looking for someone to work in the ET or CT time zone work hours (9am-5pm).
- An agile development environment delivering software features to production
- Team lunches, team events, flexible work environment
- A relentless desire to continuously improve
What VertexOne has to offer:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs)
- 401K match
- Flexible PTO
- Employee recognition platform with monetary rewards
- 100% Remote work environment
- Initial work from home stipend
- Leadership/Coaching training programs
- Free access to Bizlibrary for unlimited professional development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Paid parental leave
- Employee bonus referral program
- Employee Discount Program
VertexOne is the leading provider of cloud-based SaaS software solutions powering the next generation of customer experience for utilities, energy retailers, and energy transition providers. With over 30 years of experience and more than 350 customers in the cloud, we capitalize on our deep expertise to provide a wide range of innovative solutions for digital transformation, revenue optimization, and data-driven efficiency operations surrounding the customer. From Customer Information Systems (CIS) and Mobile Workforce Management (MWM) to Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Digital Customer Engagement and self-service portals, we empower our customers to deliver a compelling customer experience, reduce costs to serve, increase operational efficiency, and improve customer satisfaction. For more information on how VertexOne allows you to enhance the digital customer experience, improve revenue management, and leverage data analytics, visit https://www.vertexone.net.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VertexOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. VertexOne is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request accommodation.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $95,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $105,000.00
- Job End Date Monday, December 5, 2022
- United States