Junior Software Developer - Canada
Overview of Role/Job Purpose:
At VertexOne, helping utilities provide the best customer service experience is what we do. It’s been in the DNA of our people, since we started supporting utilities’ customer experience needs over 20 years ago. And that commitment continues to this day.
The successful applicant will work with members of our development team to revolutionize the customer experience in the utility industry. This is a very exciting time to be a part of VertexOne as our company is growing to become a leader in utility hosted solutions. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and the convenience of working remotely.
We are looking for passionate innovators with strong problem-solving skills for application development team.
- Code, test and maintain applications, web services and components in Microsoft C# and ASP.NET, and .NET Frameworks
- Write scalable, maintainable code using Microsoft naming conventions and best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, architecture, and design patterns
- Clarify business requirements by working with business analysts and end users; create high-level and detailed design specifications to address user goals; formulate plans – outlining steps required to develop programs for design deliverables
- Participate in peer-reviewed requirements and design
- Estimate assigned work effort and be accountable for deliverables and completion dates
- Analyze, review, and modify programs to increase operating efficiency
- Follow and improve established software delivery lifecycles, programming standards and frameworks
- Development includes new product investment initiatives and client-requested custom modifications and enhancements
- Ability to adapt in an environment that demands customer satisfaction
- Require occasional overtime and travel
- Computer Science Degree or 3+ years of web development experience.
- 1+ years’ experience working in Java, .NET, or another C-style language through personal or work experience
- 1+ years of extensive development with MySQL or MSSQL databases
- Understanding of client/server and multi-tier architectures
- Understanding and experience writing SQL queries and schema design.
- Experience developing UI and graphical components
- Understanding of REST and SOAP web services
- Experience building web application and APIs.
- Experience with a source control management solution (e.g., Subversion, GIT, etc.)
- Experience deploying web applications on Microsoft Internet Information Server and related technologies
- Experience leveraging open-source components and technologies
- Experience in .NET 6 and Blazor
- Full life cycle experience on enterprise or commercial software projects
- Experience developing UI and graphical components for various client layers
- Familiar with Unit Testing
- Strong English documentation skills
- Strong problem-solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Drive to continually improve and learn
- Ability to comprehend & follow established procedures
- Ability to make decisions using critical reasoning
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn new framework and design patterns easily
- Strong communication skills (written, reading comprehension, listening, verbal) in English
- Ability to work independently without high degree of supervision
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to adapt and change as priority and needs change
- Exceptional customer service approach working with internal users and external customers
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $120,000.00
- Job End Date Friday, October 7, 2022