Project Engineer 3
A Project Engineer 3 at The Wine Group is an experienced Project Manager that thrives in a culture breadth of knowledge, curiosity, and desire to constantly learn and apply. Able to plan, organize, and direct multiple process refinements and capital projects requiring engineering skillsets. Project Engineer 3 will lead large complex projects that usually involve multiple stakeholders. Will be a resource in resolving a broad range of equipment reliability challenges using methodic engineering and troubleshooting skills. A Project Engineer 3 is a leader and mentor to those they work with, transferring applicable experience that encourages a culture of professional growth and technical competence. Expected to understand various operational processes and the execution of maintenance processes using attributes of Lean manufacturing and Design Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) methodology. Project Engineer 3 must possess solid observation skills, able to identify opportunities, organize collaborative efforts to identify solutions. Will both lead and assist in both project and process engineering activities along with providing technical assistance to various stakeholders. This position is a key link between the Engineering organization and the maintenance and operations departments providing input to improve equipment design, operation, reliability, and maintainability. Candidate should have solid examples of process design and optimization as well as project management experience. Curiosity is a key attribute, expectation is that candidate’s experience will easily translate to the winery environment, specifically in the winery processing and manufacturing disciplines. Will be a sought-out resource for technical process knowledge, mechanical design and troubleshooting, electrical, and other diverse engineering related support request from TWG Operations. Ideal candidates will have a B.S. in either Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, 10+ years of engineering and Project Management experience in a consumer goods manufacturing environment. EIT and PE certifications are a plus!
- This specific position requires extensive knowledge on Industrial Refrigeration (NH3 system design and operation).
- Technical resource for capital projects across operations group within TWG, i.e., Project planning, scheduling, cost control, alternatives, best practices.
- Oversees key projects, processes, and performance reports. Provides input on design and development activities to improve, modify existing or design new equipment, processes, and capabilities.
- Methodical troubleshooting skills with extensive hands-on experience have proven invaluable in this role.
- Applies strong working knowledge of industrial control system design including instrumentation, data communications, motor controls, and industrial electrical wiring practices.
- Participates in engineering department and interdepartmental planning activities and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization and operations.
- Ensures GMP, safety and quality of projects and compliance to standards.
- Implement concepts in Design Reliability to support operations.]
- Read, analyze, and interpret complex engineering documents.
- Curiosity and aptitude for hands-on work coupled with strong analytical skills are traits of successful candidates.
- Write technical positions using original or innovative styles. Make effective and persuasive technical presentations on controversial or complex topics to senior management
- Work with diverse groups of varying project management experience, expected to mentor operations employees assigned capital projects, other Project Managers, Process Engineers, etc. Works with operations Production Engineers as they develop skill sets related to solid scientific methods of process control and troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain TWG Construction Standards, project permitting including oversight and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Portion of time allocated to R and D, industry trends, supplier/contractor development.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- Must be 21 years or older at time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree either in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering is a must.
- 10+ years’ engineering experience required in a consumer goods manufacturing environment, including experience in Control Systems, equipment selection, and process development and adherence.
- EIT, PE certifications preferred but not required.
- PMP certification preferred or solid examples of capital project management.
- Thrive in collaborative environments and capable of taking leadership position on projects.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires or complaints
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Desired experience to include familiarity with industrial control system design, programming, and commissioning.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, statistical theory. Ability to work with conceptual designs that necessitate rigorous analysis.
- Ability to apply logical principles combined with applied scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with concrete and abstract variables.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technologies in different industries.
- May utilize AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MSOffice as well as basic PLC programming / troubleshooting.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in a production and office environment.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Production Engineering
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $101,600.00
- Max Hiring Rate $152,400.00
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America