Director of Sales - NM, OK, LA, MS
The Director of Sales will be responsible for leading sales in NM, OK, LA, and MS for The Wine Group portfolio of brands in all sales channels. The role will be responsible for wholesaler management, financial ownership, budgeting, merchandising, trade marketing, retail planner execution and the management of TWG corporate initiatives. In addition, the Director of Sales will have accountability for the recruitment, training, and development of TWG Sales force in the dedicated markets.
- Understand TWG initiatives: Manage field sales, trade development, execution, merchandising, private label, national and local sales initiatives. Responsible for prioritization with each channel and division both internally and externally.
- Build relationships with wholesaler, retailers and TWG divisions (Sales, Trade Development, Sales Planning, Finance, Operations, Customer Service, Corporate Brands, Marketing, Trade Marketing, Chain Execution, On-Premise Team, Integration teams).
- Strategy and Analytics: Responsible drawing insights, developing strategy and sales plans that can be executed at the market level. Assist in developing and implementing annual operating plan which includes financial, volume, and distribution objectives.
- Distributor Management: Drive TWG monthly priorities and initiatives through all levels of the wholesaler.
- Schedule and lead effective sales meetings with all levels of SGWS and RNDC Field Sales and Chain management including consistent business reviews.
- Become preferred supplier through development of best practices.
- Chain Account Management: Lead annual and monthly planning on key national accounts, alongside corresponding wholesale chain account executives and TWG Area Managers.
- Work closely with TWG/SGWS/RNDC headquarter teams on a monthly basis to establish strategy, pricing, forecasts, manage inventory and align merchandising objectives.
- Work closely with TWG account teams to ensure alignment with local team.
- Inventory: Responsible for inventory management, with the goal to limit supply chain disruption for both national and private label brands for all retailers in designated market.
- Pricing: Responsible for the establishment, mix, allocation, approval, and execution of pricing playbooks for both wholesalers, on-premise channel, and retail chain banners in designated territory.
- Manage Direct Reports: (1 - Area Mgr. covering LA/MS.) Training, development, coaching and accountability for delivering annual plan
- Administrative Responsibilities: Handle administration as required by both the Trade Development and Sales Teams in market.
- Monthly Sales Forecasting
- Goal Setting for both Sales and Trade Development Teams
- Manage any necessary program trackers (national, regional, and local)
- Manage assigned budgets and complete expense reports with any relevant Travel and Entertainment expenses for both self and team
- Frequent presentation builds and business reviews
- Support and model all Company procedures and policies
- Demonstrate a passion to win and help build a dynamic TWG Sales Team
- Live the Values: Embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group’s Values: Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, Empowered People, and Responsible and Trustworthy
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ Years Field sales experience with a Supplier or Distributor
- Strong Analytical Skills. Preferred to have advanced skills in Excel, Power BI, MicroStrategy, VIP, and other analytics / visual tools
- Ability to understand, interpret and draw insights from IRI
- Advance Presentation capabilities in both building selling stories and presenting to audience
- Willing to travel and with overnight stays as needed
- Experience with pricing, price modeling, ability to manage target market retails.
- Must be a well-organized, self-starter, with an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and be flexible to changes in the wine industry
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family General Sales
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $150,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $225,000.00
- Oklahoma, USA