Winery Operations Coordinator
The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America Req #1652
Friday, March 10, 2023
This position is responsible for closing cellar work orders and administrative functions for the Operations and Winemaking team at Benziger Family Winery and reports to the Operations Manager.
- Manage tasks associated with the Biodynamic, Organic and Sustainable certification process, label approval, and ordering packaging materials as requested by Winemaking team.
- Create weekly and monthly productivity reports for Cellar Operations to use in production meetings and cellar efficiency education.
- Record safety tailgate attendance and facilitate makeup training when required.
- Correctly code invoices and communicate with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment.
- Manage the purchase order generation and approval process for all Operations and Winemaking purchases.
- Download data from JDE, and/or other production systems, to create reports for Winemaking and Operations departments.
- Responsible for month-end inventory reconciliation of bulk wine, additives, and packaging materials.
- Close daily cellar work orders, bottling work orders and maintenance work orders promptly.
- Manage assigned regulatory compliance tasks ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Maintain safety training records for the wineries.
- Manage regulatory document retention with the Operations Manager and Facilities Manager. Keep all binders up to date with the most current information for: Safety Training and Tailgates, Safety Manual, Wastewater, Domestic Water Supply, Permits, etc.
- Must be able to interact and effectively communicate with all personnel and peers in a team environment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Develop and utilize spreadsheets and databases.
- Seasonal assistance with:
- Daily harvest weigh tags audit
- Act as deputy Weigh Master as needed
- Misc. administrative tasks
- Order supplies for office as needed
- 3-4 years prior wine tracking and/or administrative experience in a winery environment preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of process flows.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail, accuracy in both numerical and written.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to adapt/respond in an environment of constant change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- High level of energy and sense of urgency.
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group's Vision, Mission, and Values of Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, while being Relentlessly Entrepreneurial
- Support and model all company procedures and policies.
- Primary work activities are within an office environment.
- Must be comfortable with and able to work on the production floor around equipment.
- Occasional exposure to noise, heat, cold, humidity
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $64,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $88,800.00
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America