Brand Manager - Chloe Wine Collection/7 Deadly
The Brand Manager will be responsible for the Chloe Wine Collection and 7 Deadly in the development and execution of their annual and long-term strategic marketing plans. This person will thrive in a culture that is creative, brand-savvy, fast-paced, solutions-focused, zealously cost-conscious, collaborative, and relentlessly entrepreneurial. This person will possess a strong grounding in CPG Marketing best practices, and a successful track record building alcoholic beverage and/or CPG brands. The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of (a) best-in-class skill, competence and confidence as a consumer marketer coupled with, (b) ability to define opportunities and roll-up their sleeves to accomplish goals in a lean, fast-paced environment. This role is eligible for a hybrid work week, Tuesdays in Livermore office and travel as needed for photo shoots, tastings, in person meetings etc.
This key role within The Wine Group’s marketing department is responsible for developing and executing the strategy and related tactics for the Chloe Collection and 7 Deadly Wines. Launched in 2014, Chloe Wine Collection has seen tremendous annual growth since its inception, winning Impact Magazine’s Hot Prospect and Hot Brand Awards as it continues to increase household penetration, awareness, and loyalty year over year. 7 Deadly Wines was launched over 20 years ago, quickly becoming America’s favorite Zinfandel brand with grapes sourced from the enviable Lodi appellation, and recently expanding its portfolio to include 7 Deadly Red Blend and 7 Deadly Cabernet Sauvignon.
- The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of best-in-class skill, competence, and confidence (a) as a brand marketer accountable for brand health and performance (b) as a creative innovator with the ability to manage new product development/commercialization, and (c) as an effective liaison with the Sales team to help promote the brand to distributors and key accounts.
- Skilled Consumer Marketer: Comfortable developing, implementing and assessing consumer-facing platforms to deliver and optimize business-building initiatives. Leverages equities inherent in existing products and key consumer insights for ongoing marketing plan modifications, package changes and line extensions. Comfortable briefing and leading consumer agencies to develop and execute brand building platforms.
- Results-Driven Business Manager: Comfortable using a variety of data sources to analyze business situations to identify and evaluate key business drivers, challenges, and opportunities. Able to make strategic business recommendations to senior/c-level management.
- Innovative Thinker and Demand Creator: Skilled innovator who is comfortable operating in a non-traditional, fast paced environment. Someone who is competent assessing industry opportunities and developing creative concepts to fit these opportunities. Has experience with consumer insights, category analytics, product development, and packaging design.
- Entrepreneurial Track Record and Competitive Drive: Proven success in an entrepreneurial venture, including an appreciation for an environment of resource limitations, cost control, prudent risk taking and limitless creativity. Ability to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities at once.
- Efficient Project Leader: Effective in managing teams and guiding projects through the system. Conveys a sense of urgency throughout project lifecycle and holds team accountable for execution. Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to listen and understand different perspectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) with 7+ years marketing experience or MBA with 2+ years marketing experience post-MBA
- Experience with alcohol/beverage or consumer packaged goods preferred
- Strong grounding in CPG marketing best-practices across the 4 P’s
- Strong competencies in strategy, commercialization, execution, and project management
- Leadership experience with demonstrated success in evaluating data to mine consumer insights and present fact-based recommendations to senior management
- Exposure to P and L management with experience managing a consumer-facing budget
- Must have ability to multitask, work well under pressure and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Canva
- Discretion with confidential information
- Retailer selling experience beneficial
- Position operates in a professional office environment
- Ability to travel frequently between home office, corporate office and vendor/agency sites
- Position includes travel to various industry and/or company events, 10-20% of the time
- Must be able to lift and carry weights of up to 40lbs at varying frequencies
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Product Marketing and Brand Management
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $120,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $180,000.00
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America