Assistant Marketing Manager - Premium Portfolio
The Assistant Marketing Manager reports to the Brand Manager, Premium Brands and is based at our Livermore, CA location. An enthusiastic junior marketer who assists in brand-building initiatives utilizing data-driven insights, and who supports the Brand Manager in developing key elements of brand planning with agencies and cross-functional teams to drive business goals. This role is eligible for a hybrid work week, Tuesdays in Livermore office and travel as needed for photo shoots, tastings, in person meetings etc.
- Understand and advocate for the consumer; ensure all platforms and strategies are consumer led and ties to effective trade execution as appropriate.
- Support in annual Business Review and Brand Plan: assist in planning for major brands and takes a more leading role in business review and plan for smaller brands.
- Takes a leading role in packaging and in store POS projects from creative brief to printing to production. Collaborate with creative team to brief and adjust packaging to promote brand health.
- Supports brand program development and new product process with cross-functional teams and help develop sales tools; sales decks, tasting notes, merchandising and display standards.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (external agencies/internal partners) to develop and execute marketing plans.
- Conducts monthly brand business analysis alongside Brand Manager. Monitors brand health using internal and external data resources to identify issues and opportunities and deliver actionable insights.
- Independently manages multiple competing priorities alongside manager for flawless execution. Ability to be reactive and flexible is essential.
- Takes a supporting role in management of the budget.
- Serves as as role model for MA’s.
- Visit key markets to in support of marketing blitzes, new product launches, surveys and report key brand and competitive findings.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in Marketing or Business.
- 2+ years’ experience in Marketing, Sales or Agency (Advertising, PR, Digital, Experiential).
- Strong grounding in CPG marketing best practices.
- Prior knowledge and/or experience with alcoholic beverages, or consumer packaged goods.
- Solid project management and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Prior experience in data analysis, with the ability to make fact-based recommendations.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (can create powerful marketing presentations for internal and external customers).
- Position operates in a professional office environment.
- Position includes travel to various industry and/or company events, up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. (a case of wine).
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Product Marketing and Brand Management
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $72,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $108,000.00
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America