Performance and Development Manager
The Performance and Development Manager collaborates with functional business leaders to align on business objectives and applies adult learning methodologies and performance consulting skills to analyze performance issues. This position partners with functional areas to apply human performance technology and performance strategies that develop leadership capabilities, job competencies and skills. Approximately [60-75%] of this role’s time is on-site developing, delivering, and helping to sustain training materials to manufacturing operations and key business functions.
- First point of contact for frontline leader performance and training questions
- Apply instructional design and adult learning methodologies to design and develop solutions in a variety of delivery formats.
- Write instructional materials, leaders’ guides, on-the-job training, and other training materials and modify existing material.
- Identify critical workforce requirements (i.e., skills, competencies, and performance outcomes) necessary to achieve current and future organizational/unit results.
- Validate effectiveness of learning by collecting and evaluating metrics to ensure the efficiency of training strategies and performance solutions.
- Manage Learning Module in HRIS including course set up, enrollment and administration.
- Ensure training content is current, sustained, and reflects all compliance standards.
- Deliver high-impact training in-person and in virtual settings
- Align and execute TWG Onboarding of exempt new hires and drives 90-day plan.
- Lead and manage execution of and reporting on TWG’s eLearning programs.
- Serve as one of the primary points of contact for team members regarding training and development.
- Develop and maintain training materials and online resources.
- Independently lead and facilitate team member learning and development programs.
- Develop and maintain organizational communications to ensure team members have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Manage TWG’s Employment Training Panel (ETP) program.
- Identify any additional government and/or third-party funds/tax refunds to aid TWG’s training initiatives.
- Collaborate with HRBPs and internal stakeholders on the design and identification of in-house and external learning solutions.
- Continually work to find process improvements to maximize the team’s efficiency.
- Plan, lead, manage, and collaborate with key stakeholders to deliver Gateway Event, a 3-day immersion program for new hires.
- Report and communicate training performance metrics to the relevant stakeholders.
- Stay current on developments, innovations and best practices in corporate training and education in and out of the wine industry so that TWG’s training remains highly effective, relevant, efficient, cost-effective, and practical.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Instructional Design Technology, Education, Human Resources, Organizational Development or similar.
- Performance Technologist Certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' combined work experience in training / learning and development; combination of leader and functional / technical training preferred; three (3) additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Proven facilitation skills and the ability to manager group dynamics.
- Strong interpersonal skills; leads by example; enjoys working with others in a collaborative, social environment; effective at building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Has a passion for excellence; attention to detail is critical to success.
- Current training and education in our industry so that TWG’s training remains relevant.
- Can “roll up sleeves” and design/contribute learning programs as needed.
- Possesses superior verbal and written communication skills; excellent proficiency in PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel; eLearning software, and.
- HR Business Partnership Experience a plus.
- Travel is required, mostly in Central and Northern California; may be required to work at any of TWG's locations both office and winery production environment
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment
- Extensive computer work
- Numerous projects in progress at any given time
- Comply with company safety regulations
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Training & Development
- Job Function HR
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $103,200.00
- Max Hiring Rate $154,800.00
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America