Shipping Receiving Clerk 2
Under the direction of the Warehouse/Shipping Supervisor, the Shipping Receiving Clerk 2 is responsible for performing all Shipping and Warehouse office duties, data entry in computer database, and work closely with all Shipping and Warehouse staff. The Shipping Receiving Clerk 2 also backs up the Scalehouse, Samples Department, and Courier as needed. Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of detail-oriented administrative or data entry experience, preferably in a warehouse or production environment (but not required).
- Print pick tickets and process
- Bill shipments and able to complete bill of ladings and be familiar with various forms
- Dispatch workload to staff within the department
- Track empty and loaded trailers, coordinate hostler movements and priorities
- Process inbound transfers
- Move and adjust inventory with the involvement with Inventory Control Coordinators
- Logging in/out trucks into the Microsoft Excel Scalehouse log.
- Inputting truck/trailer numbers, seal numbers, and times into the system
- Checking in orders for live loads.
- Communicating with the Shipping office when specific containers are entering/leaving the yard.
- Stamping heavy and light weights for bulk wine tanker trucks and calculating the gallons for what is brought in and taken out.
- Checking for discrepancies in our bulk wine gallons versus the gallons (brought in from or shipped out to) other wineries.
- Filing the orders with the pick tickets and Bills of Lading in alphanumerical order.
- Keeping a log of the containers in the yard.
- Receipt of packaging and RM from vendors.
- Maintain POS area inventory and supplies.
- Order POS materials as needed.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization to ensure customer orders are shipped on a timely basis.
- Order and receive needed samples and other items and ship accurately to required destinations.
- Print labels for Case coding
- Pick up, deliver, and drop off mail and/or other items to other locations.
- Store and retrieve corporate documents from long-term storage
- Run corporate errands, e.g., bank deposits, document delivery and/or pick up special event deliveries, etc.
- Maintain company vehicle
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire
- 2+ years’ experience of administrative experience, strongly preferred within a warehouse environment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; AA Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, follow-up, and work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
- Proficient or possess the ability to learn and develop computer skills in Microsoft Word, AS400, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage BOL paperwork and truck movements at JIT facility.
- Basic knowledge of accepted inventory procedures and practices.
- Must be flexible in working overtime on any shift.
- Successfully pass all testing requirements.
- Maintain excellent attendance and safety record.
- Upon assignment, the Company may require First Aid, CPR, AED, Emergency Responder and/or other certifications, as necessary.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines.
- Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in a production environment.
- Working environment has exposure to related warehouse equipment and associated noise levels.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Must be able to travel between facilities.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse/Distribution/Logistics
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.38
- Max Hiring Rate $24.58
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America