Administrative Support (Federal & State Reporting Admin)
Prepare, file, and maintain various reports and related backup materials required by Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), California Board of Equalization, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and other government, regulatory and industry agencies as needed. Reconciling and verifying information is also required in this position. This position demands a high degree of organization and communication throughout the company. This individual will work independently and efficiently to accomplish his/her responsibilities. Top-tier attention to detail and the highest levels of accuracy are critical to meeting the essential job functions and requirements of this position. The position is deadline-driven, detail oriented, fast-paced, and critical to maintaining the company’s good standing with federal and state agencies.
- Prepare and file bi-monthly federal excise tax reporting and payments to the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) via the federal internet portal (pay.gov) for multiple company facilities. Reconcile information from multiple sources to ensure accurate federal excise tax reporting and payment.
- Prepare and file monthly report of winery operations with TTB via the federal internet portal (pay.gov) for multiple facilities in cooperation with winery operations, winemaking, and reporting personnel. Review and reconcile information from winemaking reporting system to ensure accurate winery operations information is reported to TTB.
- Prepare and file monthly winegrower report for excise tax payment to the California Board of Equalization for all sales activity in California.
- Use JD Edwards (JDE) enterprise resource planning (ERP) software to obtain/confirm necessary information for reporting purposes.
- Prepare and coordinate approval of payment requests with Vice President of Compliance, Vice President—Controller, Executive Vice President - Finance to ensure company meets federal and state payment deadlines.
- Reconcile information from different sources on case goods inventory at warehouse(s) to ensure consistency and accuracy for reporting and compliance purposes.
- Working in close collaboration with winery and operations personnel, prepare, submit, and track wine loss claims and “return to bond” claims to TTB for refunds of taxes paid.
- Understand bulk and case goods activity as well as JDE Blend, the winemaking system of reporting, for accurate and timely excise tax calculations and reporting.
- Track and compile documentation associated with exports of beverage alcohol as required by TTB.
- Work with federal and state government personnel with regard to operational reporting and tax returns. Prepare materials for audits as requested by government agencies; respond to any questions or requests for additional materials during the audit period.
- Work under tight deadlines during reporting periods.
- Assist with cross-training other employees in the Compliance department as backups for these requirements.
- Assist with training other employees at other facilities on best practices related to providing the information needed to timely and accurately complete these job functions and requirements.
- Complete additional responsibilities, including administrative duties, as requested.
- All work is currently expected to be completed in person at company’s facilities.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Ability to multitask at high levels of accuracy and within stated deadlines
- Five (5) plus years of Compliance experience; alcohol beverage experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, high levels of accuracy, comfortable working with numbers
- Knowledge of government reporting
- High school diploma and/or two-year diploma in Business Administration or similar
- Primary work activities are within an office environment
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Administrative Support
- Job Function Cross-Fun
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.26
- Max Hiring Rate $25.88
- The Wine Group, 4596 S. Tracy Blvd., Tracy, California, United States of America