Maintenance Technician Level 1
The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America Req #1570
Friday, December 2, 2022
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Maintenance Technician 1 works on multiple tasks which may include but not limited to maintenance and repair of all plant equipment (including facility and grounds). Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and industrial electrical as well as Industrial PLCs. Fabrication of equipment, including use of various welding techniques; MIG, TIG and stick welding. Work with other Maintenance employees to assist in teaching new equipment and technical skills to further help the facility. Oversee delegated projects for the maintenance department assigned by leadership. Must be self-motivated, possess a sense of urgency, work well in a team environment, and have a strong technical aptitude.
- Perform a variety of tasks on production assets and winemaking assets, including complex troubleshooting, equipment rebuilds, modification/fabrication, installation, and repairs, servicing, and similar maintenance operations where knowledge of demonstrated core skills and experience is required.
- Utilize resources to develop a plan to resolve plaguing equipment issues on packaging and winemaking equipment.
- Assist or lead in all machine tear downs, rebuilds, preventative maintenance, and other projects.
- Read mechanical drawings and parts breakdowns.
- Demonstrates understanding of lubricants, greases, and oils for packaging and winemaking applications.
- Fabrication, welding, grinding, building various parts, brackets, and mechanical items.
- Understand how electrical systems work and identify electrical components within an electrical panel using electrical troubleshooting tools.
- Demonstrate design, layout, and fabrication core skills.
- Comply with process and procedures and complete documentation required of the position. I.E., filling out proper requisitions, completing timely and accurate work orders according to process and matrixes.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Hydraulic, Pneumatic systems, motors, and pumps
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of Electrical Systems including electrical schematic reading, wiring, and troubleshooting multiple voltages (i.e., 120v, 277v, 240v, and 480v) utilizing approved voltage testing equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair/replace damaged or defective parts/equipment as necessary.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of PLC Systems (Basic Components and ladder diagram reading)
- Disassemble or tear down winery parts/equipment to perform maintenance inspections and repairs.
- Reassemble, and test repaired winery parts/equipment for proper operation.
- Interact and communicate effectively with other co-workers and management in a team environment.
- Work with Process Safety Management, HACCP, and Plant Safety Teams
- Learn and comply with all corporate and department work safety rules, including LOTO, Arc Flash, and Confined Space.
- Perform proper sanitation techniques to comply with food safety standards.
- Teardown, evaluate, and rebuild all primary and secondary support systems.
- CMMS working knowledge and skill in work order management.
- Participation in Root Cause Analysis /Failure Analysis
- Compliance with the attendance policies, safety rules, and disciplinary policies.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- 3+ years’ experience as Maintenance Mechanic, or equivalent role.
- Must be able to perform all the core skills of the Maintenance Matrix, including Leadership, Machine Theory, Maintenance process, Mechanical, Lubrication, Power Transmission, Electrical, Sensors, Pneumatics, Vacuum systems and Design and Fabrication (design, layout, and metal machining practices.)
- Ability to troubleshooting machine issues with minimal knowledge of packaging or winemaking equipment.
- Work independently on any assigned shift with minimal supervision.
- Strong core skill of power transmission components and systems.
- Possess working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic systems, motors, and pumps
- Possess knowledge of Electrical Systems and Ammonia Systems
- Basic knowledge of PLC systems.
- Basic computer skills – Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Read and interpret Blueprint and Schematic (mechanical and electrical)
- Pass and maintain valid forklift certification, aerial lift, and scissor lift.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English, and demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills.
- Willing to learn how to sanitary weld.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen and all applicable testing and necessary certifications.
- Maintain work quality and performance standards as set by the Maintenance Manager in order to retain the classification.
- Able and willing to train and share knowledge, experience, and technical abilities with other employees.
- Lift and carry weights of up to 55 lbs. at varying frequency and duration.
- Repeatedly climb stairs/vertical tank ladders at heights of 40’ and higher.
- Work at various heights 40 feet or higher, as well as in confined spaces.
- Work with hazardous chemicals and wear a face mask and appropriate PPE.
- Requires bending, lifting, climbing, pulling, and pushing.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Facilities Maintenance
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $34.10
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America