Lab Administrative Assistant - Part-Time
Lab Administrative Assistant – Part-Time provide support by performing a variety of tasks and duties to help allow smooth operation in the lab and ensure the quality of our wines and/or the quality of our finished products. As directed, Lab Administrative Assistant – Part-Time perform a range of basic laboratory duties that may include sample handling and preparation, routine analytical analysis, data entry, and/or routine package quality assessments. They assist in keeping the lab clean, safe, and orderly. Lab Administrative Assistant – Part-Time must strictly adhere to safety procedures and protocols. They must work with a sense of urgency, have good attention to detail, work well as part of a team, and have integrity, a good attitude with good communication skills
- Actively commit to and participate in our lab and corporate safety programs: including following all safety protocols and procedures. Learning to recognize and report hazards and take appropriate action to keep yourself and others safe.
- Perform all tasks related to ordering, stocking, and managing lab supplies including chemical reagents and all consumables. This includes performing all necessary tasks in JDE such as creating Purchase Orders and facilitating Purchase Order approvals.
- Inputs lab inventory data and updates into the Chemical Inventory Management System in JDE.
- Processes lab supplies invoices for payments.
- Enters Analytical Chemistry and Packaging Analysis data into appropriate data base.
- Maintain legible complete records by being thorough and accurate in recording information and data for the various tasks performed.
- Perform data entry into a variety of computer software programs, such as excel, paying close attention to detail and accuracy of data entry.
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining lab areas, equipment, glassware, etc.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of college level science/chemistry course(s) preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and SOPs
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally
- Computer skill requirements include MS Outlook, basic MS Word, and Excel
- Ability to apply basic math concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Support and model all company procedures and policies
- Embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group’s Values: Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, Empowered People, and Responsible and Trustworthy
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various task in the production environment
- Must be able to repeatedly climb 20 feet tank stairs/vertical tank ladders
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Administrative Support
- Job Function Cross-Fun
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America