Customer Service Representative 1
Once established after training, this position is responsible for processing a large volume of daily orders from receipt to invoicing. Working closely with team members and supervisor ensuring complete workflow. It is fast paced, challenging, complex, and demanding. It is an entry-level position. The learning curve is very steep, and productivity must be achieved within the first 60 - 90 days. 10 key for order entry is a must and strong multi-tasking skills are essential. Will experience introduction into the world of supply chain and the wine industry. Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of customer service involving high volumes of emails and data entry, preferably in roles directly interacting with distributors.
- After 3 months on the job – assist with communicating directly with only internal departments may start to communicate with wholesalers on a limited basis
- Process orders checking inventory levels to ensure full shipments
- Assist in resolving order and shipping problems with supervisor
- Maintain files and keep work in-progress moving
- Complete invoicing and other order finalizing tasks
- Coordinate issues with other departments and with supervisor when necessary
- Discuss inventories, ship dates, credit /pricing issues and transportation issues with supervisor to ensure order fulfilment
- Develop and maintain positive relations with logistics, finance, and warehouse personnel
- Other tasks as directed by management
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire
- 2+ years of customer service experience involving high volumes of emails and data entry. Strongly prefer customer service dealing directly with distributors
- Skilled at problem solving and dealing with difficult, complex situations.
- High School Diploma/ some College preferred however will accept experience equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good math and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Somewhat proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Must be very accurate with a well-developed attention to detail
- Team player and problem solver
- Must be highly productive in order entry
- 10 key proficiency a must
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office or production environment.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Customer Service
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America