Technical Operator I
The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America Req #1423
Monday, October 17, 2022
A Technical Operator in our high-speed Ripon production facility operates and maintains all pieces of equipment on multiple production lines to meet or exceed established production goals in a cost-effective manner. Must be able to work in various capacities, such as operate and adjust high speed filling/packaging equipment, GMP and QC practices, and execute all sanitation. Assignments are complex and require demonstrated knowledge of various methods, procedures, and equipment/material characteristics. Must be flexible to work any and all shifts (day, swing, graveyard). Ideal candidates will have experience with repetitive manufacturing and troubleshooting high-speed industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Safely and efficiently operate all pieces of equipment on multiple production lines to meet or exceed established production goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintain situational awareness of processes on the line and make suggestions to increase yield and/or improve quality. Implement process improvements on the line and in the department (Continuous Improvement).
- Must be able to consistently perform all in-process and final production quality control and verification checks.
- Perform steps to comply with all sanitation, product inspection and quality control standards for the department.
- Support preventative maintenance on production equipment as outlined in equipment SOP’s and maintenance work orders.
- Support line changes as required by production schedule.
- Operate and troubleshoot all packaging equipment including safe lock-out/tag-out of all energy sources.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude towards the job and the duties assigned and exhibit initiative to continually learn and improve professional skills.
- Assist in relief or backfilling of Bottling personnel as needed.
- Must be able to work safely using sanitation chemicals as well as extremely hot water (pressurized).
- Be familiar with applicable MSDS information for all chemicals being used in the department and ensure the guidelines are being followed.
- Take immediate action to rectify, communicate, and appropriately quarantine any nonconforming products.
- Must have ability to teach and train fellow employees.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency for Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- Must maintain professional competency as outlined in qualification matrix for classification. Failure to demonstrate work performance standards in accordance with the qualification matrix standards will result in disqualification.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of repetitive manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of bottling line operations and troubleshooting of high-speed industrial manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Must be able to operate machinery used to in the bottling line for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work with hazardous materials requiring the use of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE), including respirators, gloves, eye and face protection, and chemical resistant coverings
- Must be able to move safely over uneven terrain
- Must be able to safely work around and operate mechanical equipment and tools
- Must be able to move objects in and about a mechanical production environment with weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Must be able to stand or remain in a stationary position for long periods of time when required
- Must be able to constantly position self to operate the production machinery necessary to perform work-related tasks
- Primarily works indoors in and around elements such as low/high temperatures and elevated noise levels
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America