Industrial (Operator) Technician 2
The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America Req #1475
Thursday, September 8, 2022
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Industrial Technician 2 is responsible for operation and maintenance of lines on assigned shift. Position is 90-95% operating production line equipment with 5-10% maintaining the production line.
- Candidate must be able to work in various capacities, specifically equipment operation, welding, electrical troubleshooting, mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Process operations consist of delivery of wine, operating and adjusting high speed filling/packaging equipment
- Execute all Sanitation, GMP and QC practice
- Aptitude to learn to operate and maintain of all pieces of equipment on the line
- Aptitude to learn to PM manufacturing equipment
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, pallet jacks, hand trucks, etc.
- Aptitude to learn to change over the lines
- Job is 90-95% operations and 5-10% maintenance and repairs
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a sense of urgency and willingness to learn
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Experience operating forklift in manufacturing environment
- Work independently within set guidelines
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Perform work at heights of 45’ for varying durations
- Must be able to lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, climbing and twisting
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $17.37
- Max Hiring Rate $26.05
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America