Mill Financial Analyst
The selected candidate will be assigned to the Finance Staff Group at the Eastover Mill. Job
responsibilities will include interacting with mill operations personnel on a day-to-day basis, as well as performing some more routine financial assignments. These assignments can include measuring progress against meeting various objectives, analyzing business results, developing an annual budget and preparing short-term forecasts.
- Actively participate as a member of the Finance Team and support assigned mill business units
- Review/analyze key performance measures and variances
- Develop the annual budget and assure that product cost information is accurate.
- Monthly reporting and communication of financial performance against objectives.
- Education – bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or business administration.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Geographic flexibility – future assignments may require relocation
- Comfortable using spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Excel) and other databases
- Must be able to work on holidays, nights and weekends when required to meet deadlines
- One plus year of relevant experience in finance or accounting.
- Business, industry exposure.
- Manufacturing process knowledge.
- Familiarity with company policies and procedures and various financial systems.
- Financial analyses: cost/variance, profitability, key performance measures, operating data, new product development
- Forecasting and budget development.
- Month and year-end close process.
- Action Oriented – enjoy working hard; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectation and requirements of internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind.
- Informing – provides the information people need to know to perform their jobs; provides direct feedback and information to individuals so they can make accurate decisions.
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Problem Solving – solves difficult problems with effective solutions, asks good questions and probes for answers, can see underlying or hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Presentation Skills – effective in a variety of presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, subordinate and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization.
To apply for this opportunity
please visit Sylvamo’s careers page at: https://www.sylvamo.com/us/en/working-for-us
- Job Family Finance
- Job Function Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Eastover, SC 29044, USA