Electrical Project Engineer
Sylvamo’s Ticonderoga, NY paper mill has an opening for a qualified Electrical Engineer in the Capital Projects team. Reporting to the Capital Engineering Manager, this position manages and supports the implementation of capital projects throughout the mill, while supporting the mill safety, reliability, and improvement efforts. The position requires strong project management and technical skills to coordinate different disciplines within operations, maintenance, consulting engineers, vendors and contractors. The prospective candidate should have the ability to manage several projects that span multiple engineering disciplines, with the primary focus on electrical engineering.
Key position accountabilities:
- Accountable for project results including safety, budget, schedule, reliability, and technical performance of individually assigned projects.
- Manage large and small capital and repair projects from concept to implementation.
- Follow Sylvamo’s project delivery process and development of capital investment proposals.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, cost and milestones.
- Manage all detailed design and construction of assigned projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of Contractor Management (safety, quality, schedule, and cost) on assigned projects.
- Coordinate all type of process design activities including equipment sizing, design of PFD’s and P&ID’s, loop sheets, E/I diagram, process control, instrument specifications and operating/maintenance manuals.
- Review and understand equipment and instrumentation/electrical specifications to ensure equipment and materials are procured and installed as per Regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, NFPA 70, NEC, etc).
- Collaborate with operations and maintenance departments on scope development and implementation.
- Organize multi-discipline project teams of the appropriate resources and lead them to safe and successful implementation.
- Coordinate and assist in checkout and start-up activities.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Project status reporting to project team and mill management.
- Problem solving and support to mill operations and maintenance on small project and consultation requests.
o 5 Years minimum with supporting a manufacturing facility in an electrical capacity
o BS Degree in Electrical Engineering.
o Good communication skills, both verbal and written to constructively interact with mill teams, project teams, and management.
o Proficient with SAP and Microsoft Project.
o Proficient with project management techniques for specifications, estimating, purchasing, budget control and forecasting spending.
**Pay is commensurate with education and experience**
Relocation Assistance available.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Ticonderoga, NY 12883, USA