Nordic Market Area Key Account Manager
Sylvamo is looking for an experienced Area Key Account Manager for the Nordic Market.
The position is subject to completion of its planned acquisition of Stora Enso’s subsidiary based in Nymölla, Sweden (which is pending regulatory approvals).
This represents a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing and successful new global company and help it meet its objectives and purpose in Europe.
To manage the sales and local marketing activity across both commercial print and office papers product segments for a group of existing Key Accounts and perspective
new accounts in the Nordics. This role can be exercised from Sweden, Denmark, Finland or Norway.
The Key Account Manager creates value for both customer and business by interacting with all Sylvamo functions ensuring profitability
through price, product and service optimization developing a superior value proposition .
· Educate customers on the Value of Sylvamo and its brands products and services. Develop profitable business across reels , folio and cut sheet product groups utilizing the company’s manufacturing capabilities and supply chain.
· Achieve annual sales plans through the design and implementation of customer account plans aligned to company’s strategic objectives. Develop a consultative selling approach within selected accounts and bring to these accounts enthusiasm, drive and energy to deliver value whilst managing risk appropriately.
· Maximize net revenue by effectively managing price and sales costs (rebates, royalties, payment days e.g.) and marketing costs in line with expectations of commercial lead team. Identify opportunities to improve net revenue wherever possible selling up and across product portfolios. Have the businesses strategic goals in mind when making decisions.
· Provide regular customer and business information, in both oral and written form, through structured customer visit reports and contribution to monthly sales & marketing reports. Information should include details about competitor activity, price movements, etc., Communicate well across the organization and actively participate in projects where required.
· Develop and maintain relationships across client’s businesses both at local and central levels ensuring Sylvamo and its products and services are recognized and understood throughout client’s businesses.
· Ensure we optimize brand and product mix and product finish and type aligned to manufacturing and service capabilities (all mills). Challenge traditional models and views on current business and contribute to product and channel development within the business. Be the customers and marketplaces voice within the business.
· Demonstrate understanding of company policies and processes and ensure they are implemented (pricing, forecasting, credit, etc…)
The internal environment, includes interaction with others, (both inside and outside the company) policies/practices/procedures
1. Be a good team player and understand that the role is there to collaboratively develop profitable business for the corporation. Understand you work for and with a wider team and should look to positively influence and contribute to this team.
2. Provide the business with accurate monthly reporting and production forecasting utilizing the various tools available to you regularly. Monitor measure and optimize.
3. Be able to create cross-functional team support to answer specific customer requests requiring excellent communication skills. Build internal network well. Do not be afraid to ask for help.
4. Be able to operate within a complex network of stakeholders for major decisions. Deal with ambiguity well.
5. Be brave and challenge the norm – bring opportunities to the business and seek support to develop.
6. Ensure that all company policies are understood and implemented.
7. Participate in regular one two one meetings with direct line manager. You are responsible to take ownership of your career development.
In order to be successful in this role we would like you to be/have:
· Experience in managing commercial print and converting accounts in the Uncoated Woodfree product segments but candidate would also be responsible to sell across the complete manufacturing system for Europe which would also mean office papers.
· Experience of developing and optimizing value in line with budgets and company strategic requirements
· Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
· The ability to interact with people at all levels of the customers and internal business.
· Strong commercial focus and financially astute – drive for results
· Demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships and credibility both within and outside of the organization
· Strong work ethic and the ability to travel inside the Nordic market areas and when required outside of the area when company requires.
· Be able to work effectively by oneself and within a team environment.
· Ability to make decisions and take ownership for one’s own development.
· Candidate will work from home office but be required to attend regular team meetings locally and at European level when required by the business. Travel is necessary and should not be seen as not being part of this role.
· Educated to degree level or with very good experience managing and selling to accounts across commercial print, converting and paper distribution.
· A good team player with ambition and who is not afraid to challenge constructively and improve the business.
Safe behaviour is a requirement of working for Sylvamo. Applicants should be able to demonstrate their awareness of our safety vision.
Competitive salary , Pension Scheme , Company Car, Sales Incentive Program, Health Insurance and Home Office Allowance will be offered to the right candidate.
At Sylvamo, we believe understanding people and their backgrounds is crucial to personal growth. Celebrating these differences is just as important.
Differences inspire our culture, inform our values and feed our minds.
We want everyone to feel valued, welcomed and included. This is essential for promoting innovation — creating a workplace where new ideas can become unmatched products, accessible to customers around the world.
Base competencies needed for the job:
· Ethics and integrity
· Action oriented
· Customer focus
· Problem solving
· Time management
· Interpersonal savvy
· Priority setting
· Standing alone
· Presentation skills
· Timely decision making
· Drive for results
· Drive to be the very best
· Dealing with ambiguity
· Organizational agility
· Business acumen
· Comfort around higher management
· Care, Listen
· Safety Leadership
· Technical skills
· Business Partnership
- Job Family Sales & Marketing
- Job Function Account Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes