Manufacturing & EHS Application Services - IT Business Analyst II
Memphis, TN, USA Req #799
Wednesday, October 26, 2022
At Sylvamo, we’re a team on a mission. Joining us, you’ll be helping to sustain forests and renew ecosystems, while delivering on the promise of paper to educate, communicate and entertain the world.
Come grow with us!
- Sylvamo’s IT Enterprise Application Services organization is responsible for designing, building, implementing and sustaining an Enterprise Supply Chain and several manufacturing, environmental, health and safety enterprise and mill solutions. The objective is to support and enable changing business processes to improve customer satisfaction and reduce supply chain, enterprise and mill costs. Enterprise Application Services includes Commercial Excellence, Sourcing & Supply Chain, Manufacturing & EHS, Finance, HR, and Application Development.
- The Manufacturing & EHS Application Services IT Business Analyst will work in a lean team environment to recommend and deliver technology enabling business processes in the area of SAP Plant Maintenance and a number of enterprise and mill applications supporting mill operations in manufacturing, environmental, health and safety composed of both in-house developed and 3rd Party applications.
- There are 77 applications in scope with 28 in-house developed applications and 49 3rd Party Vendor applications. Some of the applications in scope include SAP Plant Maintenance, Prometheus, OSISoft PI, GE Plant Applications, Braincube, Loftware, Load Xpert and in-house developed applications like our proprietary MES solution Omega.
- The team provides business, operational and technical expertise for IT solutions including design and implementation of manufacturing solutions using 3rd party applications like GE Plant Applications, consults for custom features within vendor products, and acts as a liaison working across IT, the business and with our Managed Service partners.
- Help manage vendor relations supporting enhancements, projects, deployments, documentation maintenance, integration changes, data extractions, application licenses/maintenance, new code releases, and in some cases 2nd and 3rd level application support where it is not covered by a Managed Service partner.
- Coordinate and provide input into project deliverable estimates for integrated and complex development of application solutions/projects working across IT, the business and with our contract/managed services partners.
- Able to break-down work, explain tasks and understands interdependencies.
- Lead and facilitate design discussions.
- Will lead and be responsible for multiple phases of a project and serve as the project manager.
- Conduct process improvement, functional design and realization for the manufacturing and deliver functional areas applications and system changes.
- Capable of working independently with little supervision and guidance.
- Analyze complex user information flows and business requirements to determine alternative procedural and/or systematic solutions to meet business requirements.
- Understands business data and how to effectively present information using specific software tools.
- Translates business partner requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization.
- Performs process mapping.
- Solves difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Perform configuration in SAP Plant Maintenance and other in-house or 3rd Party applications supported by the team.
- Perform IT acceptance testing of configuration changes and development changes in a highly integrated environment following established methodologies and tools for providing regular reporting on results.
- Provide support of existing processes in the project and production environments.
- Meet project deliverable deadlines.
- Work cohesively with other Information Technology, business and contract resources/groups.
- Participate in project and team meetings.
- Participate as needed with go-live and after-hours IT project support.
- Responsible for maintaining support documentation including design documents and functional documentation.
- Subject matter expert in business applications / systems / specific technology.
- Takes on medium to large functional/technical assignments.
- Responsible for leading and participating in process assessments, documenting the solution analysis following the PDP methodology.
- Organizes IT cross functional teams for highly complex and integrated scope during the realization phase proving continuity between design and realization.
- Surfaces and escalates issues and risks, providing recommendations and facilitating resolution to issues.
- Seeks out value added opportunities to improve IT solutions and service capabilities.
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions as a functional/technical expert.
- Leverages IT professionals with strong production planning, paper manufacturing, SAP/MES functional knowledge, SAP/MES technical development and project management skills.
- Ensures compliance with all Human Resource function directives and guidelines related to personal and professional development of staff, career and succession planning.
- Participates and is engaged in regularly scheduled people reviews focused on personal development and team engagement.
- Helps ensure knowledge transfer plans are maintained and implemented to sustain a high performing team and bench strength across the areas of responsibility.
- Ensure business solutions are designed, built and tested to support customer needs by using consistent methods and standards, project management discipline and supporting toolsets.
- Develop relationships with our IT partners and Global business organizations collaborating on priorities and design solutions.
- Responsible for executing day-to-day tasks and assignments of deliverables ensuring deliverable timelines are met.
- Understand all corporate policies impacting IT and ensures adherence. Completes all security, legal and regulatory requirements to safeguard the application.
- Maintains the integration and secures integrity of Supply Chain Operating Model design and enabled benefits.
- Seeks out value added opportunities to improve IT Solutions and Services capabilities.
Key Challenges: (key challenges the position will face in the next 1-2 years) The external environment, including technology, competition, markets:
- Managing vendor relations.
- Dealing with ambiguity.
- Maintaining standardized processes, procedures and standards through ever changing business processes.
- Business environments and requirements change often, and complexity level is high.
- Integration with SAP based Supply Chain processes, data and technology brings additional complexity.
- Working in a highly complex technical landscape.
- Individual contributor role.
Sylvamo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function IT Business Analysis
- Pay Type Salary
- Memphis, TN, USA