Perform procurement and storeroom support functions at the Sylvamo Eastover Mill for the purpose of securing goods and/or services for the facility. Responsibilities to be governed by the Sylvamo Financial Policy, Global Sourcing Policy, and delegated authority, so as to maximize total value received and produce results that contribute to meeting the facility’s business objectives. The position reports to the Mill Controller and Manager of Purchasing & Stores and will be located at the Eastover Mill.
*THIS IS A DEVELOPMENTAL POSITION FOR A FUTURE MANAGER OF PURCHASING & STORES ROLE WITHIN SYLVAMO N.A.*
· Support mill safety initiatives and provide safety leadership through the modeling of safe behaviors, and ensure employee adherence to all mill safety requirements and expectations.
· Provide prompt and professional purchasing services to internal customers by communicating effectively with the Operating, Engineering, Maintenance, and Finance areas.
· Provide leadership and supervise Storeroom Supervisor in support of MRO inventory best practices and objectives pertaining to safe work practices, inventory optimization and people engagement.
· Support a shared responsibility for capital projects through the procurement process and contract execution and adherence.
· Promptly process requisitions to ensure stable supply and timely availability of materials and services
· Execute material handling rolling stock leasing process
· Prepare and publish specifications for bids, evaluate and document bid responses/results, verify history of supplier service and ability to meet contract specifications and negotiate contracts
· Ensure contractors meet all safety and insurance requirements for providing on-site services
· Develop an effective supplier base by cultivating supplier relationships through reviews of operations and mutually beneficial programs
· Support Corporate and Regional MRO agreements consistent with Global Sourcing direction
· Implementation of sourcing agreements and strategies for purchasing and materials management processes at the mill level
· Obtain maximum value for Sylvamo regarding cost, quality, delivery and service levels
· Overall assurance of customer satisfaction, value generation, and service delivery for the Eastover Mill.
· Track and report supplier performance and escalate supplier issues as appropriate
· Pursue opportunities to consolidate purchases and competitively source materials under local, regional, and corporatecontracts
· Support mill safety initiatives
· Work with Accounts Payables to resolve contractor/supplier invoice issues
· Ensure adherence to Sylvamo Corporate financial and purchasing policies and procedures
Working Conditions/Personal Demands
· Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, hearing protection, and fall protection in elevated positions
· Will be required to work extended hours as needed.
· Must be available to provide after hours, weekend, and holiday call, will be based on rotating schedule.
Key Competencies Required:
Learning on the fly
Drive for Results
Integrity & Trust
Developing Direct Reports
Knowledge And Experience:
· Minimum of 3-4 years purchasing experience including bidding, negotiating, and administering contracts and agreements.
· SAP Business Software Knowledge required.
· MRO/Storeroom inventory management experience preferred.
· Pulp and Paper Mill experience preferred.
· Industrial/manufacturing experience required.
· Effective written & verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in computer use, which includes efficient keyboarding skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
Education: BA or BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance or Business Administration. Related field or equivalent work experience will be considered.
Position reports to: The position reports to the Manager of Purchasing & Stores.
Relocation assistance will be provided with this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
- Job Family Sourcing
- Job Function Procurement
- Pay Type Salary
- Eastover, SC 29044, USA