Merchandise Manager - Maderas Golf Club
Merchandise Manager – Maderas Golf Club
Maderas Golf Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Merchandise Manager. This position is responsible for creating merchandise plans, maintaining effective stock levels and oversees merchandise department.
- Establishes merchandising plans, implements action steps and adjusts plan based on progress towards goals.
- Maintains effective stock levels and ensures stock presentations are appropriate for all seasons.
- Sells and maintains golf shop merchandise while providing member and guest service.
- Places special orders upon guest request.
- Works with General Manager on “open to buy” and buying strategies.
- Receives merchandise, prices merchandise, enters into POS system, and monitors inventory levels.
- Presents merchandise in attractive displays and rotate keeping a fresh look to golf shop.
- Works closely with the accounting office on accounts receivable and accounts payable issues. Ensures available discounts are utilized.
- Creates weekly displays showcasing new and unique products.
- Ensures stockrooms are kept organized so that items are easy to locate.
- Ensures replacement and return policies are adhered to.
- Ensures follow-up on past due orders and that canceled orders are communicated timely.
- Compiles and monitors daily sales forecasting reports.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Merchandising Clerks, Sales Attendants.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the merchandise sold.
- Ability to anticipate customer's needs.
- Ability to recommend merchandise to customers.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn the stores point-of-sale system.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- On-the-job training provided.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the retail space.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Maderas employees are offered a generous benefit plan which includes:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Vehicle Service Discounts
- Vehicle Parts Discounts
- Employee Assistance Plans
- Maderas Golf Club Discounts
- And More!
Maderas Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate $27.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 17750 Old Coach Rd, Poway, CA 92064, USA