Warranty Administrator - Kearny Mesa Hyundai
4670 Convoy St, San Diego, CA 92111, USA Req #78
Friday, February 24, 2023
Warranty Administrator – Kearny Mesa Hyundai
Warranty Administrators make sure the dealership is paid warranty work by preparing, submitting and following up on claims. As with all positions within dealerships, Warranty Administrators are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Hourly plus commissions
Hourly plus commissions
- Processing all warranty paperwork to ensure proper documentation and verifying criteria required by factory or distributor.
- Keeping abreast of all factory recalls and announcements.
- Arranging for parts to be shipped to the factory or distributor and resubmitting all rejected claims promptly.
- Reconciling all warranty receivables and working with the accounting department to obtain payments.
- Keeping tracking of all warranty parts by noting the repair order number, date of replacement and date which the part may be disposed.
- Maintaining all service and customer records as required by the warrantor.
- Processing extended warranty and prepaid maintenance plan documents for the purpose of receiving payment in full within a timely manner
- Reconciling receivables with schedules to match payment and claim amounts
- Verifies all documentation in repair orders is correct prior to processing.
- Ensures all necessary documentation is attached to repair order prior to processing.
- Processes third party warranty transactions for payment.
- Balance funds on third party warranty schedules
- Processes pre-paid maintenance claims, balances funds on schedule.
- Processes manufacture included maintenance claims, balances on schedule.
- Ensures all dollar amounts are correct and recorded on repair orders, routes funds to proper accounts.
- Monitoring daily deposits and reconcile all transactions
- Other duties assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience with automotive parts (identification, inspection, classification of component groups, etc.) and overall automotive knowledge
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Kearny Mesa Hyundai employees are offered a generous benefit plan which includes:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Vehicle Service Discounts
- Vehicle Parts Discounts
- Employee Assistance Plans
- Maderas Golf Club Discounts
- And More!
Kearny Mesa Hyundai is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.30
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Required Education High School
- 4670 Convoy St, San Diego, CA 92111, USA