Co-Man Sales Senior Manager
SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries. SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
The Co-man Sales Manager - Plant Based Food and Beverage will drive account management efforts and be responsible for the daily sales activities required by the accounts. The individual may be based remotely, provided there is convenient access to a major airport. The qualified individual will be responsible for successfully managing the project and account management activities across the Plant-based platform.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Selling & Relationship Management:
- Selling, Relationship-Building, Customer management,
- Understanding Customer Needs – uncovers knowledge of the customers and prospects to determine needs; Understands and aligns Sunopta’s strategic priorities, processes, systems, and business operations with the customer/prospect
- Impacts and influences decisions – Is able to negotiate terms successfully with customers and execute contracts. Able to effectively manage pricing changes/updates.
- Communication – Use listening, oral and written abilities to convey messages effectively in a variety of settings, both internally and externally.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Adapt to situations and make tactical adjustments appropriately. Remain calm and confident in stressful situations.
- Building Trusting Relationships – Develop and maintain solid connections with key stakeholders inside SunOpta and externally with valued Customers and prospects. Leverages relationships to influence key decision makers.
- Customer Strategic Alignment:
- Strategic Thinking & Problem Solving – Understand information required to make decisions. Consider long-term and short-term impact of decisions. Manage questions, conflicts and problems effectively.
- Leverage Capabilities across SunOpta – Communicate capabilities of the SunOpta’s PBFB platforms to customers. Recognize and capitalize on growth opportunities.
- Category Planning & Customer Execution:
- Joint Business Planning – Develop a holistic, objective-driven, shared key account plan that helps grow the customer’s and SunOpta book of business. Ensure execution of strategic plans.
- Gain knowledge of SunOpta and competitive landscape
- Execution – Execute plans, forecast, capacity, etc. with customers effectively and consistently.
- Results Focused & Accountability – Meet or exceed business objectives. Take accountability for results and possesses strong task orientation.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5-7 years of Account Management and/or Project Management, preferably for a CPG food company within the US selling to the retailers/Food Service/Consumer Brands.
- Knowledge aseptic capabilities and plant-based products.
- Proactive individual who will ‘think on your feet” and adjust as required to navigate and troubleshoot customer and company situations.
- Strong Project Management and communication skills. Technical sales experience a plus.
- Strong Leadership Potential – critical that the candidate be able to assume additional responsibilities in future which may include assignment scope expansion and promotion within the organization.
- Customer-Centric Focus: Values customer needs at the core of account activities.
- Understands core principles of Customer Management & developing long term partnerships.
- Team Player- demonstrated success when working with a cross-functional team.
- Management Skills – demonstrated success in leading a cross-functional team for customer and company initiatives.
- Trave 30 - 50% of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function First-line manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Eden Prairie Office, 7078 Shady Oak Road, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States of America