Continuous Improvement Operations Specialist
SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries. SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
This position is responsible for leading, planning, standardizing, directing business process improvement and waste elimination activities to ensure business continuity and operational excellence within the Plant and assigned functional areas.
This position is also responsible to identify, train, and deploy resources to apply state-of-the-art approaches and tools to achieve performance excellence and process improvements.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Establish and standardize business and operational processes through facilitated work sessions, process & tool development, and process pilots; then educate and transfer ownership to end state users and process owners.
- Facilitates Kaizens, brainstorming sessions, workshops, problem solving sessions and process mapping exercises to bring alignment, extract knowledge, and improve performance.
- Monitors business and operational performance through metrics, identifies gaps in performance, and facilitates problem-solving activities to close performance gaps.
- Trains, coaches, and facilitates continuous improvement tools and methodologies such as lean, six sigma, kaizen, quality, and process management.
- Assists and executes improvement projects across or within functions/operational sites via Lean Six Sigma or similar methodology.
- Facilitate flow of information/processes/procedures and helps troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Adheres to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Works with management to ensure effective organizational design and that role is correctly organized, defined, documented, and communicated to all employees.
- Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma required.
- 3-5+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with MS Excel / PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent training and/or certifications.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with cross-functional project management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to create momentum and promote organizational change.
- Ability to plan, acquire, analyze, and interpret operations and business data to drive improvements and provide direction/focus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in reviews, process improvement events and/or Kaizens.
- Ability to lead training and provide coaching support.
- Possess a disciplined approach to project execution with a track record of positive tangible and behavioral results.
- Travel: Up to 10% for meeting and other job-related functions.
- Location: This position will be at the new SunOpta Plant in Midlothian, TX.
- Work Environment: Approximately 50% of work is performed in an office environment; approximately 50% of work may involve being in an agricultural or manufacturing/production environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Midlothian Facility, 4126 Power Way, Midlothian, Texas, United States of America