Central Dispatch Coordinator
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Central Dispatch Coordinator.
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey International Forwarding (OISI) Odyssey International Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), is a one-stop shop; a fully integrated, asset-light based company that provides a complete set of international freight forwarding services. Odyssey International Services delivers unparalleled service for shipments moving inbound from Asia through the Pacific Northwest to the Midwest and East Coast, with flexibility, expedient customer service and the best value. We offer customized solutions and build partnerships with our customers to ensure their business needs are met. Our comprehensive knowledge of import and export processes and regulations enables us to design tailored, cost effective end-to-end international transportation solutions.
Based in vibrant South Saint Paul, MN, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The Central Dispatch Coordinator will arrange for the delivery of goods for multiple clients. This includes daily scheduling and handling of a multitude of shipments ranging in nature, some quoting, tracing, and communicating with the customer and providing solutions to problems.
In This Role, You Will:
- Answer phones and respond to customer emails.
- Support the development, implementation, and execution of processes for the department.
- Coordinate shipping schedules with customers.
- Verifies inventory locations and availability for final delivery against specified requirements.
- Provide shipment status reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Ensure that goods are delivered in the most timely and efficient manner according to documented processes, including planning the transportation route and payload, selecting the mode of transportation, tendering the order for transportation, and tracking the shipment from pick up through delivery all the while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, service, and contractual requirements.
- Keeping internal computer systems updated with the most current and accurate information available on every shipment.
- Prepare proper paperwork for billing and authorization of a variety of invoices per defined processes.
- Organizes and maintains hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment, distribution means, pricing, and contractual obligations.
- Carrier sourcing as needed to meet demands and minimize costs.
- Works with supervisor to effectively resolve order discrepancies that are outside of his or her control.
- Answers questions regarding sourcing from internal and external customers as needed.
- Assembles load fragments into consolidated loads thus balancing freight savings, service and contractual legal requirements when required.
- Special project support as required.
- Works closely with carriers to assure efficient and effective execution of defined processes and goods transportation.
- Follow up with customers to make sure we are capturing all possible business opportunities as well as areas that may need improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years customer service
- Minimum 2 years industry experience
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
This is an in-office role based in South Saint Paul, MN
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Vision insurance;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- South St Paul, MN, USA