See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Forklift Driver
Who We Are:
Odyssey’s Intermodal Metals transport business unit, CMI Logistics LLC, is the leading intermodal distribution company in the metals industry. Through our strategic network of transload facilities, we design customized metals distribution programs throughout North America.
From our corporate office in Palos Heights, IL, our transportation professionals can customize a distribution plan for all types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals products, utilizing our patented Load and Roll Pallet (LRP), providing efficient, damage-free transportation into various gateways in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The Forklift Driver will safely perform tasks that are involved in the shipping and receiving process including moving of material by forklift of incoming metal product including: Bars, Coils, Bar Rods, Sheets, Plates and other product form.
- Ensure safe working conditions and adherence to OSHA regulations in performance of all job functions.
- Operate all machinery and tools including nail gun in a safe manner.
- Operate all assigned forklifts including but not limited to: 55,000 lbs., 52,000 lbs., 36,000 lbs., 15, 000 lbs., 8,500 lbs.
- Following company guidelines and procedures for the safe loading and unloading of material.
- Perform proper pre-trip inspection on forklift at the beginning of each shift and be able to change propane tanks as needed.
- Unload “Load- Roll- Pallets” (LRP’s) from 20’, 40’, 48’, 53’ ocean containers and stack empty LRP’s in designated areas for preparation for shipment.
- Unload metals material from inbound containers.
- Inspect all inbound metals material for damages utilizing the 13 point CMI Receiving Report inspection process.
- Load empty containers on Chassis’ for termination.
- Unload metals material from inbound carriers
- Move metals material to designated areas instructed by the Warehouse Manager.
- Load assigned metals material on trucks for delivery to customers and verify proper paperwork matches.
- Verify metals material is secured properly on truck for customer delivery
- Unload and Load 20’ and 40’ ocean containers that are imported or exported
- Verify metals material loaded into Ocean Containers for export is secured properly
- Load and verify that all eastbound metals material on company LRPs are loaded and secured properly.
- Complete all and necessary paperwork and turn into the Shipping/Receiving office.
- Communicate any incidents, accidents, damages, claims, mechanical or material issues to management immediately.
- Wear all proper safety attire (steel –toed boots, gloves, long sleeved shirts and full length cotton pants, safety glasses and any other safety attire that is assigned by the floor supervisor) and ensure proper personal protective equipment is in good repair and worn in accordance with OSHA regulations and company policy.
- Maintain constant communication Shipping/Receiving office.
- Participate in training temporary staff.
- Keep warehouse floors clean and safe at all times.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added to or change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity or experience with logistics, metal, transportation, intermodal, and warehousing industries preferred
- Able to operate forklift with capacity up to 55,000 lbs., “down ender” coil flipper, pneumatic nailers (nail gun), tensioner and power saws
· Communicate clearly
· Team Player
· Detail Oriented
· Follow Direction
· Punctual and Reliable
This position operates in a warehouse environment with exposure to airborne particles such as dust, shavings, odor and fumes, temperature and noise fluctuations, along with varying vibrations levels. This role routinely uses forklifts, and overhead cranes along with standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, fax machines and file cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate with others via phone. The employee must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language. Must have ability for sight, depth and peripheral vision. Must have ability to perceive the nature of sound at normal speaking levels, with correction, receive detailed information thru oral communication, hear movement and be aware of moving equipment in surroundings. The employee must frequently use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch. The employee is frequently required to reach, sit, stand, walk and lift for long periods of time throughout the day. This position requires the ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 25lbs. In the course of duties the employee may also need to position oneself to bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, climb and balance.
This is warehouse role based in Montebello, CA
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, Odyssey provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The base pay range for this position is: $20.00 to $21.00 per hour.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Vision insurance;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Montebello, CA, USA