See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Warehouse Associate
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Hawaiian Ocean Transport (HOT), a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), is your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and forwarding, trucking and warehousing-distribution services. We are one of the few Jones Act Market companies that can ship cargo to and from the highly specialized Hawaiian markets.
Based in vibrant Fullerton, CA, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of Warehouse Associate will have primary responsibility to properly load, unload, and receive freight and load outbound trucks/trailers/containers. Safely move freight within the warehouse and on/off loading dock, ramps, and yards. Place freight in appropriate storage locations and retrieve freight from appropriate storage locations.
In This Role, You Will:
- Review inbound freight documents and unload container/truck/trailer/rail.
- Visually inspect, count, and weigh freight as required and report damaged freight, differences in counts and/or weights.
- Ensure all freight is staged at its proper place in the warehouse, paperwork, exceptions, and special information is properly given to other warehouse and/or office personnel as required to set up for the next handling process.
- Load container/truck/trailer/rail to be transported on.
- Ensure load records required are made and turned in to the proper people for file record-keeping.
- Operate forklift, pallet walker, hand dolly, chain saws, electrical and non-electrical hand tool, shrink wrap machine, and other common hand tools.
- Maintains warehouse, outside tar area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Comply with safety policies with the understanding that safety is the top priority.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience moving freight in a warehouse environment associated with receiving and loading refrigerated and dry freight
- Experience using warehouse equipment to include but not limited to forklifts, pallet walkers, hand dollies, chain saws, electrical and non-electrical hand tools, shrink wrap machines, and other hand-held tools.
- Ability to operate hand-held scanner.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the direction.
- Predictable and reliable attendance.
- Requires basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to follow directions given and provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to pass background check and drug screen.
- Hazardous Material certification
- Forklift certification
This is an in-office role based in Fullerton, CA, USA
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, Odyssey provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The pay for this role is: $18.00 to $24.18 per hour.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $24.18
- Fullerton, CA, USA