See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Warehouse Associate.
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey International Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), is a one-stop shop; a fully integrated, asset-light based company that provides a complete set of international freight forwarding services. Odyssey International Services delivers unparalleled service for shipments moving inbound from Asia through the Pacific Northwest to the Midwest and East Coast, with flexibility, expedient customer service and the best value. We offer customized solutions and build partnerships with our customers to ensure their business needs are met. Our comprehensive knowledge of import and export processes and regulations enables us to design tailored, cost effective end-to-end international transportation solutions.
Based in vibrant El Paso, TX. Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
Properly load, unload, and receive freight and load outbound trucks/trailers/containers. Safely move freight within the warehouse and on/off loading dock, ramps, and yards. Place freight in appropriate storage locations and retrieve freight from appropriate storage locations.
In This Role, You Will:
- Ensure high quality customer service, professional communications, and interaction with customers, employees, and co-workers at all times.
- Assure that all company material handling equipment is safely and efficiently operated.
- Report any defective equipment immediately and assure that unsafe equipment is taken from service. This includes, forklift, pallet jacks dock plates, stretch film machines, small shipment meters/scales.
- Practice all safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Report any anomalies in freight such as damaged, overages or shortages immediately upon discovery or occurrence of damage.
- Complete accurate load and unload information and tally sheets on each shipment in a timely manner.
- Load trailers to assure that cargo is loaded in a cube efficient manner, stowing cargo and bracing product to avoid damage and facilitate effective drop shipments.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Support and actively comply with the security duties and responsibilities described in the
- C-TPAT Security Program document which was received and signed for upon hire.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to learn new tasks as needs arise and retain information. Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment. Ability to follow direction and to effectively complete tasks in a timely and safe manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbal. Ability to learn and use certain job function related computer functions. Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Basic mathematical computations.
- Typical non-heated warehouse dock environment. Seasonal hot & cold temperatures will be experienced in warehouse environment.
This job description provides a general overview of the expectations and basic duties of the job and is not a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The company will assign additional duties and tasks that it deems necessary to meet the requirements of the position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must lift 40 lbs on a frequent basis and up to 70 lbs on a less than frequent basis; sit for sporadic periods of time and stand for up to 8 hours at a time while monitoring, training, and developing staff. Walk for up to 8 hours in a shift to assure smooth warehouse operations. Reach above head for storing materials (up to 40 lbs), grasp, handle, and perform finger operations. Must focus physical activity for extended periods of time to assist freight movement. Majority of time spent on feet in & out of potentially inclement weather. Overtime & schedule modifications may need to be accommodated by the employee with general, but not necessarily advance specific, notice.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- El Paso, TX, USA