See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Mechanic
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Alaska (AFF) American Fast Freight, Inc. (AFF), a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), is your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company, providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and freight forwarding, trucking, project logistics and warehousing-distribution services. Our diverse customer base ships a wide variety of products across a variety of modes. AFF operates food grade facilities (FSMA compliant and AIB approved) in dry, hazmat and 100% true temperature protected settings to fit your shipping requirements.
Based in vibrant Fife, WA, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of Mechanic will have primary responsibility of performing journeyman level duties in the maintenance and repair of gas, diesel, and propane engines and other mechanical equipment primarily used in the facility.
In This Role, You Will:
- Inspect vehicles and equipment to determine the extent of work or repair needed and provide the supervisor with the estimates of time required to make needed repairs.
- Repair and overhaul hydraulic, pneumatic, ignition, and electrical systems.
- Perform mechanical duties requiring the operation and use of a variety of hand and power-driven tools and equipment.
- Ensures the quality and expediency of work performed.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNEDALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Minimum of one (1) year working in a maintenance environment preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of welders and cutting torches.
- Familiar with electrical systems and diagnosis process for problems.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical assessment test (PAT) and/or functional capacity exam (FCE), drug screening, and background check.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations in a professional fashion.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance and other tasks.
- Ability to read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Proven ability to diagnose and repair vehicles and follow safety instructions and directions.
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools and inventory control.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written/documentation communication skills.
- Good organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent active listening, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Predictable and reliable attendance.
- CDL Class A License highly desirable
This is an in-office role based in Fife, WA
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, Odyssey provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The base pay range for this position is: $22.00 to $25.71 per hour.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Vision insurance;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $25.71
- Fife, WA, USA