At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Transportation Accountant!
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Enterprise Managed Services (MLS) Odyssey Logistics & Technology provides integrated transportation and logistics services and solutions that streamline processes, optimize logistics operations and reduce costs. We partner with customers to raise visibility and operational knowledge, creating strategies that drive performance and improve bottom-line results. Our logistics and supply chain expertise and experience can identify opportunities and challenge the status quo, enabling customers to redefine operating procedures and business rules, that yield results across assets, inventory and resources, and create lean and competitive business processes. Using unparalleled analytical skills with robust and granular data, Odyssey-designed solutions consider opportunities and details that may have been previously overlooked, driving year-over-year accretive results.
Based in vibrant Charlotte, NC, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
To assist in the management of the daily activities of the Transportation Accounting Group and assist Transportation Accounting Management with accounting issues.
In This Role, You Will:
- Participate in training and development of other team members, including documentation of all tasks to assist in training.
- Apply the daily cash receipts, including ACH, wires and checks, according to the remittances and reconcile the payments received to NN billed amounts.
- Serve as the primary contact for Carrier Research Associate to help resolve carrier invoice or payment issues or questions arising from the carrier. Investigate invoice or payment issues and help determine appropriate accounting entries for resulting transactions, including duplicate payments, credits, refunds, and management fees billed on a per shipment basis.
- Serve as the primary contact for assigned clients. This includes building manual invoices if needed and addressing any questions or concerns raised by the clients.
- Run aging reports to identify and communicate the outstanding invoices to the clients.
- Assist in the collections process by addressing and resolving past due transactions with the clients.
- Run payment discrepancy reports and resolve the over and short payments with the clients.
- Assist in the maintenance and processing of credits.
- Perform monthly freight reconciliations.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- High School diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the Transportation Management System (TMS) or in the transportation industry required.
- Willingness to assist team members and meet client requirements.
- Ability to pay sharp attention to details.
- Computer skills are essential, especially spreadsheet skills in Excel.
- Familiarity with an accounting and reporting system such as Great Plains is required.
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
Preferred vendor discounts;
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
- Job Family Finance & Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA