Shipping & Receiving Clerk
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Shipping and Receiving Clerk!
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Alaska (AFF) American Fast Freight, Inc. (AFF), a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), is your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company, providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and freight forwarding, trucking, project logistics and warehousing-distribution services. Our diverse customer base ships a wide variety of products across a variety of modes. AFF operates food grade facilities (FSMA compliant and AIB approved) in dry, hazmat and 100% true temperature protected settings to fit your shipping requirements.
Based in vibrant Fife, WA, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of Shipping & Receiving Clerk will have primary responsibility to enter all inbound freight bills.
In This Role, You Will:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Responsible for the data entry of freight bills prior to receiving, and printing labels.
- Provide drivers with docking information in a courteous, professional and efficient manner.
- Entry of all received, scanned freight bills into the Entry Screen.
- Review Bill of Lading to ensure it is complete and accurate. Ensure it complies with company policies and procedures.
- Track notifications for changes from Customers, Customer Service and additional internal sources. Ensure the system and the Bill of Lading are appropriately altered or requested changes are notated.
- Accurately enter proper vendor information, freight destination and billing information for proper invoicing and delivery.
- Capture OS&D, warehouse notations and correct any data entry information throughout multiple company programs.
- Professionally interact with internal and external customers.
- Collection of inbound documentation from the Warehouse.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- The ability to type a minimum of (35) words per minute, 10 key and a high level of accuracy is required.
- Mid to high level knowledge of Windows, Excel and Word operating systems.
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience.
- Experience monitoring multi-phone.
This is an in-office role based in Fife, WA
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, Odyssey provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The base pay range for this position is: $20 to $21.53 per hour.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Vision insurance;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.53
- Fife, WA, USA