See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Forklift Mechanic.
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Hawaii (HOT & RPM) Hawaiian Ocean Transport (HOT) and RPM, subsidiaries of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), are your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and forwarding, trucking and warehousing-distribution services. We are one of the few Jones Act Market companies that can ship cargo to and from the highly specialized Hawaiian markets.
Based in vibrant Fullerton, CA Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The Forklift Mechanic, under the direction of the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, is primarily responsible for the efficient, accurate, safe, timely, and professional maintenance and/or repairs on forklifts. This role also assists with maintenance and/or repairs on other equipment including trucks, trailers, and the facility, as needed.
The work schedule is Monday-Friday from 7:00 am- 3:30 pm.
In This Role, You Will:
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs on all forklift company equipment.
- Provide maintenance and repairs support on other company equipment such as trucks, trailers, etc. as needed.
- Complete paperwork, work orders accurately, and concisely, including date, equipment or unit number, labor performed, labor time and listing all parts used by part number and description.
- Assist CHP officers when on site BIT inspections are performed.
- Interact and communicate with the Safety Department on various issues as instructed.
- Use Company supplied and owned cellular telephone and/or two-way radio.
- Comply with all safety rules as required by OSHA, DOT, CHP, federal and state agencies.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as necessary, such as safety glasses, welding helmet, gloves, dust mask, etc.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Behave in a responsible and respectful way to others.
- Perform building maintenance repairs as needed.
- Work on special projects as instructed.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A minimum of 1-year recent experience as a Forklift Mechanic.
- Have basic mechanical tools.
- Solid knowledge on the safe handling and operation of tractors, trailers, containers, pallet jacks, lift gates, forklifts, power tools, chemicals, etc.
- Forklift – Company Certified
The job physical demands do (and/or) can include constant and repetitive actions involving:
- Standing, Sitting, Stooping, Walking, Lifting, and Reaching
- Lifting overhead 5-60 pounds during loading and unloading
- Carrying freight 5-50 pounds, 5-50 feet
- Pushing and/or pulling weights on pallet jacks to capacity of pallet jack up to and in excess 2500 pounds.
- Climbing on and off forklifts.
Location: This is an on-site role based in Fullerton, CA
Approximately 0% travel is anticipated.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, Odyssey provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The base pay range for this position is: $21.00 to $34.00 per hour.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Vision insurance;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.00
- Max Hiring Rate $34.00
- Travel Required No
- Telecommute % 0
- Fullerton, CA, USA