Driver NON CDL
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Driver Non CDL
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Alaska (AFF) American Fast Freight, Inc. (AFF), a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), is your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company, providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and freight forwarding, trucking, project logistics and warehousing-distribution services. Our diverse customer base ships a wide variety of products across a variety of modes. AFF operates food grade facilities (FSMA compliant and AIB approved) in dry, hazmat and 100% true temperature protected settings to fit your shipping requirements.
Based in vibrant Anchorage, AK, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of Driver Non CDL will have primary responsibility to assist in loading and complete pick-up and delivery of freight to various customer locations within the local areas. Other duties as assigned including but not limited to loading and unloading of Household Goods.
In This Role, You Will:
- Operates vehicles in compliance with local and state traffic codes/laws and company procedures.
- Maintains a professional attitude with customer, coworkers, and motoring public.
- Strictly observes work schedules and specific delivery requirements set forth by American Fast Freight and their customers.
- Performs pre-trip inspections on all vehicles he/she operates and ensures any necessary repairs are completed according to state and federal regulations prior to leaving the terminal.
- Ensures load is properly stowed and secured to prevent shifting or damage due to shifting during transit to the delivery location.
- Uses proper equipment for loading/unloading of freight to prevent damage to product or injury from strain, etc.
- Knowledge to install and remove tire chains.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Must possess a valid Class D drivers' license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Current DMV report
- Able to obtain an ICC medical card.
- Job Family Operations - Company Driver
- Pay Type Hourly
- Anchorage, AK, USA