Sales Specialist- Transportation
American Fast Freight, Inc. (AFF), a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), is your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company, providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and freight forwarding, trucking, project logistics and warehousing-distribution services to and from Alaska.
We’re looking for a Sales Specialist- Transportation to join our team.
Summary / Primary Role:
The Sales Specialist- Transportation will be responsible for conducting sales out in the field via face-to-face interactions with both potential and existing customers. This position is responsible for offering the best possible customer experience as well as providing hands-on explanations of any new or updated products when necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Outside sales in an assigned territory which consists of making in-person sales calls on existing and potential account.
- Preplan activities to make optimum use of time.
- Prepare, compile, and input rate quote and rate proposal requests.
- Travel may be a requirement depending upon assigned territory.
- Comply with all aspects of sales reporting.
- Generate and answer sales leads.
- Attend weekly sales meetings.
- Customer entertainment after normal business hours and or on weekends as warranted.
- Manage sales related expenses within budgetary guidelines.
- Accurate, timely, meaningful communication inside and outside the organization.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years’ sales experience with proven success in either inside or outside sales.
- Sales experience within the Domestic Off-Shore Market in the LTL/LCL sector is preferred.
- Sales territory management skills with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills.
Must have valid driver license.
Local area travel is anticipated.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans.
- 401K with company match.
- Preferred vendor discounts.
- Work-life balance.
- Job Family Sales & Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50
- Required Education High School
- Anchorage, AK, USA