Logistics Procurement Manager - Bulk (GA)
Odyssey Managed Logistics Services (MLS) powers supply chain and freight transportation for manufacturing companies by bringing a full suite of operational support, analytics, and strategic management. We’re looking for a Logistics Procurement Manager- Bulk to join our team!
The Procurement Manager (PM) will execute, implement, and maintain carrier solutions to deliver the lowest cost after meeting service level commitments The PM will maintain a current knowledge of procurement practices and provide routine commercial support to clients. This includes establishing and maintaining a respectful, professional, and ethical carrier relationship on behalf of Odyssey to both clients and logistics service providers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create network solutions and procurement strategies that delivery the cost while meeting service level commitments.
- Provide mode procurement support to Odyssey and its clients.
- Develop new supplier solutions when clients present new requirements.
- Identify and screen new potential carriers.
- Negotiate commercial terms with carriers.
- Actively contribute to department and managed services continuous improvement programs and projects.
- Follow and drive toward Odyssey savings and service targets.
- Research anomalies in Odyssey’s savings calculations.
- Strive toward a goal of flawless master data by reviewing and submitting master data improvements for upload into TMS.
- Monitor overall supplier performance and effectiveness to ensure cost and service objectives.
- Maintain a good working relationship with Odyssey’s carriers.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Procurement or operations experience in a brokerage environment, such as bulk, LTL, or van truck load, is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of transportation industry experience is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Transportation, Supply Chain or Business, is required.
- Certification in lean-six sigma continuous improvement principles is preferred.
- Outstanding data analysis skills using desktop computer tools and software.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed, focused, and proactive.
- Very good interpersonal skills with commitment to work effectively with client, carrier, and Odyssey personnel.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple critical projects simultaneously.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Kennesaw, GA, USA