At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
Efficiently sort, handle, and load freight into and unload it from over the road equipment, containers, city trailers, and/or straight trucks. This position routinely uses pallet jacks and forklifts in the loading and unloading of freight including shipments of Hazardous Materials freight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Knowledge of safe lifting technique to load and unload cargo, including heavy, bulky and or cumbersome freight
· Ability to secure or re-secure cargo by blocking, bracing, and other methods
· Operating forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, to move, load, arrange, rearrange, and unload freight
· Ability to understand and carry out instructions given orally or in writing, including those on manifests and other shipping documents
· Ability to perform work required in a timely manner and maintain adequate production in order to meet service schedules and customer commitments
· Ability to handle customers’ freight safely and efficiently, and communicating tactfully and diplomatically with those individuals with who the employee will be in contact as a company representative
· Read , Write, comprehend English
· Possess math skills
· Able to complete task efficiently and timely
· Demonstrate ability to maintain good attendance
· Safe work record
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Six months related experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Hazardous Material – Company Certified
Fork Lift – Company Certified
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
Preferred vendor discounts;
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Jacksonville, FL, USA