Truck Driver (CDL-A)
CMI Logistics LLC, a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation and the leading intermodal distribution company in the metals industry, is hiring qualified drivers. All drivers are home each night and new drivers qualify for a $1,500 sign on bonus!
Summary / Primary Role:
The CDL Truck Driver will safely operate a tractor-trailer (s) within the guidelines of the Department of Transportation and company policy to secure and transport consumer products timely and damage free.
|· Maintain daily contact with operations to receive daily dispatches from the Shipping/Receiving Office. |
· Complete safety inspection record; inspect equipment and accessories to ensure safe operating condition. Turn in at the end of the day.
· Perform miscellaneous maintenance such as daily checking oil, water, gasoline, tires, lights, etc.
· Report any equipment problems to dispatch and maintenance.
· Maintain company assigned tractor/truck, chassis’ and flatbed in accordance with all DOT rules and regulations.
· Maintain equipment that is retrieved to pass safety checks.
· Ensure proper securing of all previously loaded containers on chassis’.
· Responsible for completing company loading ticket and transfer to proper location.
· Verify that all paperwork matches the material that is loaded for shipment.
· Ensure that all loaded containers are secured for transport to the rail.
· Shuttle driver to fill out LRP tickets to ensure LRP number is correct and moving in the correct direction.
· Transport product by tractor-trailer between two or more points of origin and
· Review all load assignment details and required paperwork to ensure permits and licenses are in the tractor and are in compliance with federal, state and
· Review the load assignment pick-up and delivery dates and travel time against the log book to ensure adequate hours of service are available for timely
· Ensure load is properly secured according to federal, state regulations and Company policy.
· While loaded with product, inspect product for damage and confirm securement.
· Immediately report any product damage or securement issues to appropriate departments.
· Document any damages to retrieved containers on the rail J-1 form
· Immediately report any delay in transit to pick-up or delivery locations to dispatch.
· Adhere to Company personal protective equipment policies.
· Report all incidents and accidents in accordance with Company policy immediately.
· Maintains simple records of deliveries and obtains signatures for product delivery.
· Maintain all records required for compliance with Company, state and federal
· Operate two-way communication equipment to exchange necessary information required of the position.
· Comply with all DOT, FMCSA, state, and local regulations required of the position.
High school Diploma or equivalent
Valid Commercial Driver’s license (CDL with class A endorsement) issued by state of residence
At least six months of verifiable interstate experience operating a commercial motor vehicle being qualified for
Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening
Knowledge of DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Rules and Regulations
No convictions for any offense listed in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations at 49 CFR 383.51
Experience with satellite communication devices and computer literacy strongly preferred
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Joliet, IL, USA