Customer Service Representative
Odyssey’s fulfillment managed services business unit, Chemical Marketing Concepts LLC (CMC), is the global leader for outsourced chemical sample fulfillment and logistics services. We are looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our team!
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing superior customer service within established company guidelines and procedures. The associate will assist in directing customer inquiries to the correct department, provide solutions to customer issues, process orders, run reports daily to ensure customer data in accurate and requests have been responded to in a timely fashion.
This is an on-site position at our New Milford, CT facility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer superior service to our internal and external customers by responding to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Process new orders received via EDI, email, and/or via phone.
- Review order data and confirm with customer on any conflicting information.
- Allocate material to orders.
- Review backorders and ensure customers are well informed and the orders remain open.
- Review and provide shipment tracking to customers as needed.
- Process credit card payments for small package sales.
- Proactively follow up on orders to meet customer requirements.
- Process quality reports and invoices for manager approval.
- Generate reports for new orders, open orders, and others as requested by manager.
- Provide support to Inventory Coordinator, Product Coordinator, and the Shipping and Production department.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Previous customer service-related experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous experience with inventory management is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must be able to multitask and shift priorities as needed.
- Excellent customer service and data entry skills required.
- Ability to apply common sense to carryout instructions provided verbally or in written form.
- Good analytical skills and ability to prioritize based on customer and business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate issues and resolutions.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- New Milford, CT, USA