Facility Maintenance Assistant
The Odyssey Bulk Tank Transport Business unit, Linden Bulk Transportation (LBT), established in 1982, provides safe, reliable bulk truck and intermodal transport across North America. Headquartered in Linden, New Jersey, Linden Bulk Transportation has over 350 power units, 700 trailers and 180 ISO container chassis with lift kits. In addition to its Linden, NJ headquarters, Linden Bulk has facilities in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Louisiana.
Visit us at: www.odysseylogistics.com/trucking/linden-bulk/
Summary / Primary Role:
The position of Facility Maintenance Assistant will have primary responsibility within the facility for receiving deliveries and maintenance.
- Adhere to facility safety rules, policies, and state and federal OSHA regulations.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Minimal driving to run errands or pick up supplies as needed.
- Operation of motor vehicles and other equipment and machinery on both private property and public roadways.
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep of facility to include electrical, plumbing, and general maintenance items
- Sorting and delivering mail and packages within the facility to various departments.
- Light duty janitorial maintenance duties throughout the facility and departments including, but not limited to; overhead lighting replacements, trash removal, general cleaning such as bathrooms, floors, and others.
- Participate in company training programs, safety events, company functions and meetings when requested.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, OHSA, EPA and DOT regulations is preferred.
- Must have and maintain an active driver’s license.
Expected Hours of Work:
Employee must work a minimum of thirty (30) hours each week to maintain full-time status for benefits purposes, however the expectations of the position will require an average of forty (40) hours with some overtime required as scheduled. Any person within this position must be flexible to work varying hours, including nights, and weekends as necessary.
Overnight travel is not required.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education High School
- Linden, NJ, USA