Summary / Primary Role:
The Chemical Packager is responsible for repackaging chemicals from large packages into smaller sizes. This associate will work with flammable and corrosive substances in the repackaging process and must execute extreme care when handling these substances.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for packaging chemicals from larger packaging into smaller sizes by hand.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience working with scales beneficial.
- Experience using Microsoft Office preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Must be able to read written English.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs. and be able to push upwards of 500 lbs. on a drum cart.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination.
- Must be willing to work with materials ranging from fine powders to flammable corrosive liquids.
- Must be clean shaven, due to the fact that a respirator must be worn.
- Must be able to climb ladders to heights of approximately 15 feet.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans.
- 401K with company match.
- Preferred vendor discounts.
- Work-life balance.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Telecommute % 0
- New Milford, CT, USA