Logistics Payables/Receivables Coordinator
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
Generates initial and supplemental invoices to clients. Assists where needed to ensure costs and free time calculations are correction for incoming ocean freight. Ensure that all work performed on shipments moving via the Kent warehouse transloading programs is accounted for or invoiced accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Validate per diem and chassis billing from carriers using carrier tariffs and contracts to determine accurate free times.
- Generate Equipment Alerts, gather backup and issue supplemental billings for per diem, chassis and other warehouse and domestic charges incurred.
- Issue credits and adds estimated payables to shift accrued costs from ‘cost protect’ to actual carriers.
- Manage carrier per diem and chassis invoices in DW including reminders to operations that invoicing is required and redirecting carrier invoices which have been invoiced to Odyssey in error.
- Respond to billing inquiries from customers providing explanation and backup as necessary.
- Assist with attaching and validation of Odyssey Contract buy rates to ensure accurate free time calculations are generated on the Equipment Alerts.
- Manage internal client SOP’s and customer profile to ensure billing to client is consistent and accurate.
- Manage client onboarding process including departmental inputs to client profile and client documentation processed by applicable parties and posted to Docuware.
- Monitor Equip Report for empties not returned and update return date accordingly to facilitate Equipment Alerts.
- Assist with project billing and billing for other departments as needed.
- Assists with other projects as identified.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent; or minimum of four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret a variety of different data and reinterpret to the most streamlined presentation in both a written and documentation format. Presentation skills and team leading for a variety of different groups sizes.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of data from multiple applications and define processes thereby.
Basic Mathematical ability including the ability to perform multiple computations to arrive at the most beneficial choice of action. Convert weights and measures, calculate percentages, distance and time zone differences.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This job description provides a general overview of the expectations and basic duties of the job, and is not a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The company will assign additional duties and tasks that it deems necessary to meet the requirements of the position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
Preferred vendor discounts;
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Administration & Other
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kent, WA, USA