At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
RPM, a wholly owned subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology, is a solid, quality, and fast-growing diversified transportation company with 9 locations and looking to expand. We have provided customers with quality service for over 36 years and continue to do so today.
We are currently seeking a Dispatcher at our Pearl City, HI location. The work schedule is M-F 5:30 am- 2:00 p.m.
The Dispatcher’s primary responsibility is to dispatch shipments on the island of Oahu and coordinate interisland shipments to and from Oahu. To communicate to the drivers a positive, safe, and professional attitude to accomplish deliveries in a timely proficient profitable manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dispatch and check-in drivers.
- Take pick up requests and administer freight pick up process.
- Make freight delivery appointments, as required.
- Manifest drivers route sequence.
- Work with drivers to resolve any problems.
- Work with peers to coordinate the movement of loads.
- Make sure all paperwork is handled timely and correctly.
- Assign and route drivers, trailers, and tractors.
- Be able to trouble shoot – OS & D issues. Follow procedures regarding return products, pallets, eastbound, etc.
- Perform administrative functions necessary in the daily operations.
- Reconcile cash and checks collected.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of 6 months of previous dispatching experience is required.
- Must be organized and capable of managing time to meet deadlines.
- Must be knowledgeable of DOT Hours of Service.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
Preferred vendor discounts;
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education High School
- Pearl City, HI 96782, USA