Mover / Packer
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
Hiring now! American Relocation Services is looking for mover/packers for our Fairbanks, AK location. No experience necessary- we will train!
The Mover/Packer is responsible for packing, loading and delivering households. Mover/Packers process our customer's household goods in a clean, damage free, timely, and professional manner.
- Start times may vary Monday through Friday
- Day shift
- No nights
- Weekend work and/or overtime may be required.
- Out of town work as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packing, loading, and delivering of household goods
- Crate prepping
- Working safely
- Operation of a company vehicle may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform without direct supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and communicate with others.
- Maintains a professional attitude with customers and coworkers.
- Must be able to satisfy physical demands (see below).
- Must be reliable and flexible with schedule.
- Will need to bring your lunch to work with you each day you are scheduled.
- Must be able to stay on the job until the job is finished for the day.
- Must be able to perform the necessary duties as identified by the supervisor to finish each job.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Previous experience driving commercial vehicles a plus but not required.
The job physical demands include constant and repetitive actions involving:
- Standing, Sitting, Stooping, Walking, Lifting, and Reaching.
- Lifting overhead 5-60 lbs. during loading and unloading.
- Carrying freight 5-50 lbs. 5-50 feet.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions inherent to working location inside and/or outside.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Continual heavy traffic conditions
- Time sensitive delivery requirements
- Low to moderate noise levels
- Customer service demands
- Extreme weather conditions (i.e.: snow, ice, rain and dust)
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
Preferred vendor discounts;
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Telecommute % 0
- Fairbanks, AK, USA